Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 6,704 times

Advertisements

Hello,

First off I apologize for asking a question somewhat repeated but yes I am also moving to the area as well but am confused what would be a safe location for a girl in her upper 20's and small pup and car.

I have a list of area's from other threads but each one is so slightly different I thought I would give my own thread a shot.

The things that are important to me are of course safety when walking my dog and also a nice neighborhood to walk, making sure my brand new (splurge) car is also safe from theft or breaks ins, location/close or not too far from fun atmosphere's or social locations.

I think that is as picky as I can get , I am being reasonable on rents. Studios or 1 bedrooms near the $900-1150 range and so far I don't believe that too be too low.
According to my little list it looks as though Hillcrest, maybe East Village area look like nice fits? I see apts in Golden Hills but haven't found any info on it? Is this a good one? any others would be helpful...thanks a bunch. I only have till the end of this month so my research is in overdrive.

Last edited by jesslynnw; 09-10-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 AM

490 posts, read 1,555,827 times
Also check out Little Italy, North Park, South Park, University Heights All These areas have clubs, galleries, shops, restaurants. There are lots of young people like you living in these areas, as well as most of downtown. I see people walking their dogs in all these areas Good Luck. As far as safety, SD is not too crime -ridden, but of course stuff happens anywhere. There are areas of Golden Hill that are cute/ fun, and areas that are sketchy. Best bet is to come and visit, check out these areas & pick what area seems comfortable for you .

Old 09-10-2008, 02:07 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Everyone likes the beaches but the crime rate there is the highest in the City besides the ghettos. Take a look at the tweener areas like Baypark, UTC and Mission Valley. These areas are close to everything with a high ratio of yuppies

Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Everyone likes the beaches but the crime rate there is the highest in the City besides the ghettos. Take a look at the tweener areas like Baypark, UTC and Mission Valley. These areas are close to everything with a high ratio of yuppies
Really? I had no idea La Jolla, which is a beach area, has high crime. Can you post some statistics on this? I am being sincere... I may to move closer to La Jolla at some point in the next couple of years.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,827 times
He's talking about PB, MB, and OB

Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,704 times
Thanks for your help. I didnt know the beaches might be the more sketchy of area's. I am leaning with the East Village, Little Italy, or Hillcrest I think. That was a big help.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:42 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
Really? I had no idea La Jolla, which is a beach area, has high crime. Can you post some statistics on this? I am being sincere... I may to move closer to La Jolla at some point in the next couple of years.
See it for yourself.

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/pdf/janjuly08actual.pdf

Remember, crime comes in many forms. Burglars break in where the money is, not the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego