Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:41 PM

415 posts, read 1,395,363 times

Advertisements

I've got a one way ticket from NYC to SD on christmas day. Hopefully I won't lose my job after I get there but I'm going. I'm real nervous about it to tell you the truth but that is where my job is now. Its all very stressful finding a place I can afford and buying a car and all the other stuff but that is where the job is, at least for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 04:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vertgt View Post
also am planing a week long trip to SD in February....
i might see you there

Old 12-23-2008, 06:14 PM

858 posts, read 2,236,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheGtrain View Post
I've got a one way ticket from NYC to SD on christmas day. Hopefully I won't lose my job after I get there but I'm going. I'm real nervous about it to tell you the truth but that is where my job is now. Its all very stressful finding a place I can afford and buying a car and all the other stuff but that is where the job is, at least for now.
Well, SD is one of the easiest big city to get around. You can get from one end of the city to another end in 30 minutes. I recommend getting a Garmin, a navigation system that will guide you to places. If you don't have a car right when you get here, you can always rent a car first. We're here to guide you.

By the way, does the G train mean "Ghetto" train? There was a joke that was going around in NYC while I was there.

Last edited by ubringliten; 12-23-2008 at 06:33 PM..

Old 12-24-2008, 12:25 AM

489 posts, read 1,956,782 times
[quote=boyd;6673839]I moved to San Diego from New York in 2001. I still don't feel like San Diego is "home" It feels like you are on one long extended vacation (some people might like this)

That's one of the things I love about living here! But it also feels like home. I find a lot of what makes a place feel like home are "traditions". Start new traditions here to replace those left behind. I've gone to the "Parade of Lights" on the Bay every year since arriving 18 years ago. I do "the fair" every year. I always go to Julian in the fall for pie (yes, Dudley's Bakery too)etc. After many years of doing these local "traditions", it feels like home.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
I moved to San Diegofrom Indiana - Indy - in 2000, after living there for over 35 years... I did make a couple of trips out to check it out before I made the decision and the move and was fortunate to line up a job just before I came out.

I was a single mother of an 11 year old...so if I can do it, anyone can.

I wouldn't go back to the cold and grey of Indiana winters.
I was there last Christmas and it was 17 degrees when I was getting ready to fly back to San Diego.
When I arrived it was 75 degrees and sunny...
Nothing like a cold visit to make you really appreciate where you live!

The sunshine here keeps you from getting the grey day blues that you get from the midwest.

Instead of the weatherman reporting how many days you are getting without ANY sun, they are reporting the number of days without ran...which pretty much translates to days WITH sun.

It is more expensive to live here but you also have to consider that you don't need 2000 sq feet to "live" like you do in the cold and rain you experience in the midwest.
You know what I am talking about... all those days it is tool cold or wet to do ANYTHING outside.

You can practically live outside almost 365 days of the year in SD
This makes the space less of an issue.

As for me I do sometimes miss the green but the weather here more than makes up for it.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:08 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
My sister and her husband moved there in 1995 and say they will NEVER move back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego