Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM

118 posts, read 164,129 times

Advertisements

i might be coming from ny to see a concert at the fillmore and i would like to find a nice hotel thats in walking distance to the fillmore

the band is offering discounts at kabuki hotel but its pet friendly and since all rooms could have had all kinds of different pets in them me and my girlfriend can not stay there due to our bad allergies

so looking for a nice hotel in walking distance from the venue so i thought i would ask locals that know the area by nice hotel i mean no inn type places atleast 3 and half stars and up would be nice

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM

4,227 posts, read 3,312,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post
i might be coming from ny to see a concert at the fillmore and i would like to find a nice hotel thats in walking distance to the fillmore

the band is offering discounts at kabuki hotel but its pet friendly and since all rooms could have had all kinds of different pets in them me and my girlfriend can not stay there due to our bad allergies

so looking for a nice hotel in walking distance from the venue so i thought i would ask locals that know the area by nice hotel i mean no inn type places atleast 3 and half stars and up would be nice

thank you

Easy....Ramada Limited on Lombard in the Marina. I stayed there for a week. Cheap, walking distance to everything. Oh wait, I see you absolutely need a "nice" hotel. Can't help you.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,085,592 times
Maybe check out the Tomo in Japantown. It's rooms aren't super luxurous but they're pretty nice and the whole place has had an anime-style renovation. I dunno if they are pet-friendly, their website doesn't say. It used to be Best Western, it's owned by Joie de Vivre now and I guess that's why the rates went from like $80-100 a night to $190. Other than that I don't know of anything nearby, there might be some B&B's or other hotels around Lower Pacific Heights. If you go south on Fillmore from Geary it's ok for a few blocks but then turns into an area of public housing projects that is pretty sketchy.

In any case maybe see if the Kabuki has rooms that don't allow pets at all that you could use. And it's a pretty nice hotel, I'm sure they clean the rooms up very well after every guest, but you know your allergies better than I do.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 PM

802 posts, read 2,266,153 times
You could also check out the Laurel Inn at Presidio and California. It would be about a 15 minute walk from the Fillmore and it's located in a very safe neighborhood.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:21 AM

43 posts, read 35,797 times
I'd recommend any hotel in Japantown. It's a very short walk to the Filmore from there.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,243,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Easy....Ramada Limited on Lombard in the Marina. I stayed there for a week. Cheap, walking distance to everything. Oh wait, I see you absolutely need a "nice" hotel. Can't help you.
Once again, you talk out of your a s s. The Marina is not what most people would consider "walking distance" to the Fillmore. It's a couple miles and neighborhoods away, with a big hill in the way as well. Around a 45 or 60 minute walk for your average person, i would guess.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM

4,227 posts, read 3,312,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Once again, you talk out of your a s s. The Marina is not what most people would consider "walking distance" to the Fillmore. It's a couple miles and neighborhoods away, with a big hill in the way as well. Around a 45 or 60 minute walk for your average person, i would guess.
Of course I'm talking about walking distance from the HOTEL on 1940 Lombard St., not the actual Marina, Magellan. This is 1.5 miles from the Fillmore, if your in any kind of physical shape, its a walk.

Nice to see you're tracking my posts, though.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,243,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Of course I'm talking about walking distance from the HOTEL on 1940 Lombard St., not the actual Marina, Magellan. This is 1.5 miles from the Fillmore, if your in any kind of physical shape, its a walk.

Nice to see you're tracking my posts, though.
1940 Lombard is in the Marina. It's literally right in the middle of it. And 1.5 miles over steep hills is not what your average city person would consider "walking distance". Not a nice, leisurely walking distance at least. It's more like a short hike.

And I'm not tracking your posts. I do tend to respond to bad information when i see it though.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 AM

457 posts, read 757,287 times
I would highly recommend Hotel Drisco on Pacific and Broderick. It is probably a tad more than walking distance to Fillmore (although easily doable), but is located among the mansions in Pacific Heights. Great neighborhood for a short stay.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 AM

43 posts, read 35,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Thumbs up!

I used to attend the University of San Francisco and would easily choose the 3 mile or so walk through Golden Gate Park than to do the 1.5 mile or so walk to Marina. My car even gets tired going through Pacific Heights! That's a steep hill lol. Definitely not walking distance after a concert, especially if you aren't familiar with the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland