Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

There are maybe 69 people outside the city of san francisco who care about the giants.

World Series Game 3 TV Ratings Were Second-Lowest Ever -- MLB FanHouse

Will This Be the Lowest-Rated World Series Ever? - The Hollywood Reporter

San Francisco Giants-Texas Rangers World Series Game 2 earns second-lowest rating ever - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Congrats to the Giants. Awesome performance. They outRangered the Rangers.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM

81 posts, read 176,709 times
Go Giants!!! What a pitching duel!!! Great Game!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:23 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Go Giants!!!...the city was incredible tonite! So glad I was in the bay when this happened.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:30 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
There are maybe 69 people outside the city of san francisco who care about the giants.
Well, this was huge in SF and Dallas. And besides, usually when there's no East Coast team, there's always talk of ratings being super low.

But this was SF and Dallas's time to shine and boy did they!

Im gonna be honest, Dallas people grew on me after this series. Despite being our opponents, their fans and media have been awesome, based on what I saw on TV, read online and heard from friends who flew to Arlington to see the games in person.

Overall, they were very respectful, very gracious and their southern hospitality shined through. Thank You Dallas for a being awesome hosts-better luck next time!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, this was huge in SF and Dallas. And besides, usually when there's no East Coast team, there's always talk of ratings being super low.

Im gonna be honest, Dallas people grew on me after this series. Despite being our opponents, their fans and media have been awesome, based on what I saw on TV, read online and heard from friends who flew to Arlington to see the games in person.

Overall, they were very respectful, very gracious and their southern hospitality shined through. Thank You Dallas for a being awesome hosts-better luck next time!
The World Series obviously got good ratings in California and that is a huge market. Who cares if people on the East Coast were bored; let them watch "Jersey Shores"

Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
The Rangers pitching went to hell and the bats went cold. Now, I will put baseball behind me (so will hubby) and consentrate fully on football. We have a few teams we can be proud of this year: So far, AR, SDSU, for starters and pro wise, well until last Sunday I would have said our Redskins. Now, I don't know or care much what happens.

Nita

Old 11-02-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Dallas may also "suffer" from the same condition Los Angeles suffers from - lots of transplants from other cities who might not have developed a home town passion yet. Other than the Laker riots, LA fans aren't really that famous for being nuts like east coast fans. East coast fans have been fans for generations. LA fans and Dallas fans may have been fans for six months - just joined the bandwagon recently.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The World Series obviously got good ratings in California
Maybe only the Bay Area. Not sure that many people in SoCal watched it. I just did a quick check to see local (LA) TV ratings and didn't find it.

Wouldn't be surprised if re-runs of Mork and Mindy had higher ratings in LA.

I'd bet 99.9% of LA County residents couldn't name two giants players.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The Rangers pitching went to hell and the bats went cold. Now, I will put baseball behind me (so will hubby) and consentrate fully on football. We have a few teams we can be proud of this year: So far, AR, SDSU, for starters and pro wise, well until last Sunday I would have said our Redskins. Now, I don't know or care much what happens.

Nita

Seeing that the USC "brain surgeons" are having an off year, there really isn't much local sports until the NBA preseasons ends in May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland