Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 04:56 PM

4 posts, read 14,435 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody in California,
I'm a swiss student, 16yrs of age, and was supposed to spent my high shool year at the Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek in California. Unfortunately, yesterday (Aug.20th, 2007) two days before my depature to a two week US-introduction-camp in Boston, I was informed that I can't go to Walnut Creek, since my local coordinator is ill and now I have to go to Oklahoma. In the last month I read a lot about california and fall in love to your country. Now I really would like to visit California and spend my High School year there.

My father will pay $1000.- to the person, who will find in the next 10 days (till August 1st, 2007) an acceptable host family in California (if possilbe close to the coast) and a High School place as well. Since, as mentioned above, the Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek would have taken me, a host family in that area would be prefered. I would fly directly from Boston to California. The reward will be paid as soon as I arrive at the family in California.

Please answer either on this page or under the following e-mail adress: rudolf.kutos@bluewin.ch

Many, many thanks for your help,
Steven

Old 07-21-2007, 05:08 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Wish I could help, but I live in San Francisco - about a 40-60 minute drive or transit ride to WC (if you're lucky). However, you should try posting an ad here - craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events - since it's a HUGE form of communication/advertising in the Bay Area. Beware of wackos, though, since there are plenty of them on there. Good luck!

Old 07-21-2007, 05:17 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
man I don't blame you, Oklahoma...YIIIIIIKKKKKKKSSSSS. You do need some luck. I would up the anti, or just not go. I just drove through there. Unless you're a Cherokee Native American, theres not much there. Yes Craigs List has always been a gold mine of info.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Oh, I just re-read the post, and saw that you're no longer going to Walnut Creek... but craigslist is still a great source, no matter where you're going! If you want to be near the coast & in Northern California (which I'd suggest, though I'm obviously biased ), try finding something in Santa Cruz - VERY cool town, especially for a young person like yourself.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
Wow, we're not that far from Walnut Creek...my husband works there but we just don't have the room at our home. I hope you find something soon!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 14,435 times
Hi,
it doesn't matter where in California I'll go to school and where I'll live. It,s just important to me to find an appropriate High School and a nice family. As a matter of course my father would pay also a monthly fee to the family to cover the costs occured.
Therefore please hurry up, contact the family and send us the adress (e-mail and telefonnumber) of the High School and the family.

I looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Steven

Old 07-31-2007, 01:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,914 times
Default san francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkutos View Post
Hi,
it doesn't matter where in California I'll go to school and where I'll live. It,s just important to me to find an appropriate High School and a nice family. As a matter of course my father would pay also a monthly fee to the family to cover the costs occured.
Therefore please hurry up, contact the family and send us the adress (e-mail and telefonnumber) of the High School and the family.

I looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Steven
hello, saw your ads here, if you like san francisco we have a place for you also we have some good high school here too, Just e mail us or you reply on this.nickjason12000@yahoo.com. pls include your complete address and phone number pl..
its me nick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland