Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 PM

31 posts, read 105,140 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am in my mid 20s and is currently working in San Mateo as a Financial Analyst. right now I am renting a room under this family's house, and my lease will expire soon, so I am planning to find a place in San Francisco.

Most of my co-workers drive to work from San Francisco, and I am most likely do the same eventually. Right now I am looking at place in Russin Hill and Nob Hill, but apparently parking is a nightmare down there.

Can anyone give me some suggestion on how to look? I am just looking for anything near the highway... I was considering mission, but heard bad stories about car being broken into pretty often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,074,702 times
Yes it is hard, it's a dense area. You can pay $200 or more for an off-street space in a garage maybe. And cars get broken into pretty much anywhere in SF. I would look around Glen Park or Bernal Heights.

And again what is up with all these people saying they are getting brand-new jobs in San Mateo lately. Always San Mateo, not any other town.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:27 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Yes it is hard, it's a dense area. You can pay $200 or more for an off-street space in a garage maybe. And cars get broken into pretty much anywhere in SF. I would look around Glen Park or Bernal Heights.

And again what is up with all these people saying they are getting brand-new jobs in San Mateo lately. Always San Mateo, not any other town.
Biotech, perhaps? Gilead (in Foster City)? VISA International (the credit card company) is also there too.

Last edited by silverkris; 08-08-2011 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 PM

43 posts, read 35,742 times
It's tough to find overnight street parking, especially in Nob Hill. I would look into renting a parking space in a garage or maybe sell your car and buy a bike or scooter.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
San Mateo has loads of newer midrise office parks in close proximity to each other. Much of the office park stock in the southern areas of the Peninsula, San Jose, Santa Clara are 60-70s fabulous low rises.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Those are two very difficult places to find parking.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 PM

31 posts, read 105,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
San Mateo has loads of newer midrise office parks in close proximity to each other. Much of the office park stock in the southern areas of the Peninsula, San Jose, Santa Clara are 60-70s fabulous low rises.
I don't really know what to tell you. I moved here from Chicago just to join a startup company (declined my offers at large corporations), and based on my research, people are getting job everywhere in the bay area outside San Mateo...

Anyway, I am mainly looking for a place close to the highway in San Francisco, and oh man, it is more challenging than i thought.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 PM

297 posts, read 766,500 times
Quote:

I would second Glen Park and Bernal Heights, and I would add Noe Valley and Potrero Hill (the north side) to look at as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland