Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM

33 posts, read 94,417 times

Advertisements

Can't afford the immediate San Fran area, but love the weather there. I like parts of Northern CA, but it seems there is much variation in temperature with some pockets of extreme heat in the summer : ) I loved the looks of Redding until I read that it gets scortching hot in the summer. Can anyone recommend some towns in Northern CA I might look into? Looking for an area with lower cost of living (can buy a decent a 3 bedroom for 250K), but not poor. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Similar to another thread, if you want the Bay Area, the first places that come to mind are El Sobrante, Pinole and maybe Hercules. El Sobrante and Pinole are middle class towns, Hercules a little more upscale, but all 3 have homes in that range(prices are rising tho).

Also, the Fairmeade-Hilltop section of San Pablo and the East Richmond area are very middle class feeling, have the weather your looking for and the prices you want as well.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM

40 posts, read 84,416 times
It depends on what part of SF for weather, but if you mean cool and foggy almost year around I'd look at Eureka, Arcata, McKinleyville. High temps are 50's and 60's year round. Lows not under 40. They do get sunny days, but the ocean keeps it cool. There are houses available for that price. Also there are a lot of victorians in that area, I think old town Eureka looks like a tiny, miniature SF.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM

33 posts, read 94,417 times
Thanks so much! It's the extreme hot weather I'm objecting to more than the cooler weather. Every time I have visited San Fran (12 or so times) it's been 60-65. Day starts a bit foggy then clears up and is beautiful. This is my ideal. Thanks for the suggestions, I will check out all those towns. Anyone else have ideas???

Old 02-06-2012, 04:06 PM

96 posts, read 299,872 times
All of the Northern California coast (from Monterey north) has the same weather. You might look at both Monterey and Santa Cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland