Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 987 times

Advertisements

I was reading another thread and saw this, I used to always go up there, but there was never anything "high end". Just bars and tourist trap strip clubs, a few dance clubs on Broadway, but nothing I'd call upscale. I'm wondering what "High End" Clubs & lounges are in North Beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
IMO, the reason I think North Beach fits is because it attracts young professionals (yuppies). It's home to a lot of high end clubs, lounges, and is one of the most desirable areas of S.F. You have some of the higher end restaurants. If you're looking to live a yuppie life style in S.F, I think North Beach fits perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
The highest 'high end' clubs are closed to the public and require an invitation or membership. They tend to be located in places that have no sign or anything that would make it stand out. That's probably why you haven't noticed anything all that special

Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,184 times
A lot of the high end places are invite only, and some of them are "alternative lifestyle spots". Sometimes there are places where you pay an entrance fee, or membership fee. I've been invited numerous times to a place called "Twist" which had a lot of suit and tie yuppies looking to swap partners, a colleague swears it's one of the best spots in the city, but I told him I'm too old, and geeky to visit a spot like that.

There's also a spot called Glamour that is in a rented space on Grant that is invite only as well, no sign, the door is nondescript. I went one time with another friend, and the cheapest drink at the bar was a Long Island ($24). A lot of the people I met in the place were executives, CEOs, CFOs, etc. Pretty exclusive spot IMO.

College kids for the most part won't get invited (at least I never saw any).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland