Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM

16 posts, read 32,742 times

Advertisements

Hey, I've only lived here (San Carlos) for two months so I don't know all the ins and outs of the area yet. I'm looking for an area where I can walk/run with a stroller. A loop or paved trail would be great. It's too bumpy and difficult to use the sidewalks and when I go with a friend both of our strollers do not fit. At home we had parks with walking/jogging loops. Are there any around here? Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 PM

538 posts, read 1,191,048 times
Check out the Stanford Dish walk in PA - The Dish - Stanford Foothills - Palo Alto, CA

Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth311 View Post
Hey, I've only lived here (San Carlos) for two months so I don't know all the ins and outs of the area yet. I'm looking for an area where I can walk/run with a stroller. A loop or paved trail would be great. It's too bumpy and difficult to use the sidewalks and when I go with a friend both of our strollers do not fit. At home we had parks with walking/jogging loops. Are there any around here? Thanks!!
I think you'd like the Crystal Springs Regional Trail network, particularly the Camp Sawyer trail and the San Andreas trail sections. Both are paved and run along two of the scenic reservoirs at the foot of the Santa Cruz mountains.

The Crystal Springs trail section is similarly scenic, but is not paved and isn't really good for walking/running with a stroller. However, on Sundays, Canada road (which runs parallel to this trail) is closed to traffic between 9AM and 3PM between the CA-92/Canada Rd intersection and the Edgewood/Canada Rd intersection.

Canada Road/Bicycle Sunday
Bike-Hike-Skate Sundays on Canada Road, Belmont to Woodside -- hidden SF

Most people tend to bike it, but plenty of people walk/run/roller blade, too. You can park at either end, but the Edgewood and Canada intersection is closer to you in San Carlos.

you might also enjoy the SF Bay trail, which is a paved biking/walking trail along the bay. The peninsula section and south bay sections are quite nice and close to you in San Carlos. I've personally biked both of these sections many times, and enjoy most of it a lot. I really like riding around Coyote Pt. and the Foster City sections (since it's close to where I live).

Laurelwood park is a nice park in San Mateo that has some hiking trails at the base of the hill that are flat and paved.

Blufftop park in Halfmoon bay is quite nice, and has a decent paved trail: http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/halfmoon.html

Like Peninsular mentioned above, the Dish at Stanford is another great place to check out. I believe all of the trails there are paved (at least, all of the ones I've been on).

I've focused on parks that have paved trails. If you're just looking for parks with trails/loops, there are a nearly countless number of parks and open space preserves in the Bay Area with them. Just to the west of you in San Carlos, the majority of the Santa Cruz mountains are made up of open space preserves and parks with awesome trails for hiking/running. Unfortunately for you, very few are paved and most have a good amount of elevation change, which I imagine would make walking with a stroller rather difficult. But if you ever want to check them out sans stroller on your own, they're definitely worth it. OPENSPACE | Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District

And I'm not sure how old your kid(s) is (are), but here's some good recommendations for hikes with kids: http://www.bahiker.com/kids.html

That link also has links to trails in the Bay area good for walking/running with a stroller (green boxed area on right side).

Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM

16 posts, read 32,742 times
Wow! Thank you for all the great info!! Im glad there are so many great options!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland