Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM

486 posts, read 1,256,192 times

Advertisements

I noticed that home prices/ rents in these communities tend to be a bit lower than SF and further down the peninsula. I know Daly City has the fog and Colma the cemeteries. And I guess Pacifica is foggy/ cold as well?

What are the other drawbacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
I've looked at listings in Pacifica. They say Pacifica has a sunny section, and a foggy area. Apparently part of Pacifica doesn't get as much fog. I've heard similar about Mill Valley; part of it gets a lot of rain, part of it is more sunny.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM

297 posts, read 767,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countofmc View Post
I noticed that home prices/ rents in these communities tend to be a bit lower than SF and further down the peninsula. I know Daly City has the fog and Colma the cemeteries. And I guess Pacifica is foggy/ cold as well?

What are the other drawbacks?
A few things cause this. First weather of course. Most of Pacifica is pretty foggy similar to Daly City, Linda Mar/Vallemar being the sunnier neighborhoods. Also since the city is on the ocean, it doesn't get as warm as other parts of the peninsula even when there is sun. The areas of South San Francisco and San Bruno west of 280 also get the fog, which usually gets stuck around where 380/280 meet, but sometimes the fog can go futher into SSF and SB. All these towns have traditionally been more blue collar towns as opposed to the towns Millbrae and south. A lot of the architecture is not terribly attractive and these towns just look a little run down. also i believe all these towns have mediocre schools, where as starting Millbrae south, they are top notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland