Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,248,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
What? I never said any one was "wrong", that's a flat out lie. Stop being dishonest. The entire exchange is available for anyone to see and read, you know that right? So if you lie, you can be called out on it.
Exactly. The entire exchange is available for all to see. Did you say explicitly "wrong"? No. Did you more than imply and infer, that? Oh yeah.

Quote:

Now where did I say anyone was "wrong"? Oh, can't find where I said that? That's right, it wasn't me who said the data was "not useful", that was you.
Yes, and I've provided my sources. You want me to go above and beyond what is reasonable for me and I'm not going to do that.

Quote:
The onus is on you to 1) Show how he falsified data, and 2) Provide better data. It's ridiculous to ask someone to prove your own claims for you, totally lazy.
No, it's not. It's the OP's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
So I guess you've given up on explaining how the OPs data was falsified (your claim), and finding data that proves his data is not accurate or "useful" (your claim)?

It only takes one post to explain and show how the data is inaccurate, you know. So, it's not "given up", it's "done and over with."

Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM

1,318 posts, read 3,556,620 times
Wow, this keeps going back and forth, did anyone actually bother to read the article the OP posted. There was nothing in there saying that the people buying property are buying it to live in.

To quote:

"Fifteen percent considered investing in other countries, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, China, Singapore, Sweden, and France."

Heavily implying they are buying property as an investment, not to live in. Note: People don't buy a 2nd home or vacation property as an investment, without rental income property tends to vastly underperform other assets. Since nobody even acknowledged this, all the discussion regarding the article is moot and not to the point, especially that from the OP. The most likely reason to invest would be issues like future rent expectation and lower own to rent ratios in different parts of the country.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,603,135 times
Quote:
So I guess you've given up on explaining how the OPs data was falsified (your claim), and finding data that proves his data is not accurate or "useful" (your claim)?
The OPs stat doesnt prove the title of the thread at all.

In fact, the title of the thread has been smashed to bits.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,826,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It only takes one post to explain and show how the data is inaccurate, you know. So, it's not "given up", it's "done and over with."
i.e - you waved the white flag, and the OP pretty much destroyed you.

As an outside observer, that was one of the most lopsided debates I've seen.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
Wow, this keeps going back and forth, did anyone actually bother to read the article the OP posted. There was nothing in there saying that the people buying property are buying it to live in.

To quote:

"Fifteen percent considered investing in other countries, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, China, Singapore, Sweden, and France."

Heavily implying they are buying property as an investment, not to live in. Note: People don't buy a 2nd home or vacation property as an investment, without rental income property tends to vastly underperform other assets. Since nobody even acknowledged this, all the discussion regarding the article is moot and not to the point, especially that from the OP. The most likely reason to invest would be issues like future rent expectation and lower own to rent ratios in different parts of the country.

Yes.

And also the OP fails to address the real estate market's fundamental - in order to buy, there must be someone on the other side to sell. You can have a very desirable market with few transactions because the area is so awesome no one wants to sell. Large amount of transactions means higher turnover and one also has to ask if LA is such a wonderful place why are so many people selling?

All that means is that just basing a city's desirability on RE sales is not sufficient. There are so many other factors above and beyond that.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
i.e - you waved the white flag, and the OP pretty much destroyed you.

As an outside observer, that was one of the most lopsided debates I've seen.
That makes me chuckle.

Seriously, is that supposed to make me feel bad or something? It's so off the mark I think it's funny in an unintentional way.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,826,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That makes me chuckle.

Laughter is commonly used to mask embarrassment, stress, or other ill feelings.
Nervous laughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Laughter is commonly used to mask embarrassment, stress, or other ill feelings.
Nervous laughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But most commonly people laugh because they find something funny.

Btw, I'm assuming you know the difference between a chuckle and a nervous laugh. Because with you, I never know what to expect.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:30 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,602,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post

To quote:

Hey, i stated that only 5% of all those foreigners actually purchased a luxury home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland