Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Nope. They never committed to JLS.

They threw around the idea of Uptown but then mayor Jerry Brown supported housing instead.

But its funny that now an even better site at the waterfront is practically being thrown at them, they are pretending like it cant be done.

LOL
I'm starting to wonder if you own property around Howard terminal.

The site cannot even be used to build a park or a school or housing. Going to be hard funding the stadium when you cannot build all the supporting structures that make the park financially feasible.
https://twitter.com/newballpark/stat...39272086999041

Some more good reading for you on why HT will not work, click the land use restrictions tab
http://www.envirostor.dtsc.ca.gov/pu...al_id=01440006

Last edited by shooting4life; 07-17-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:10 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Wrong.

Don Knauss and his group are willing to go in for $500 million on a new stadium.
Oakland ballpark backers tout waterfront site - SFGate

And according to this interview given by Knauss TODAY, even Lew Wolff has said he isnt opposed to meeting with him to talk about HT
Don Knauss

So your dated Lew Wolff talking points can be discarded-thanks tho.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 PM

In case you missed it.

A brilliant interview today by Don Knauss on Howard Terminal.
Don Knauss

Talk about can-do.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
In case you missed it.

A brilliant interview today by Don Knauss on Howard Terminal.
Don Knauss

Talk about can-do.
I didn't realize Knauss purchased the A's.

Where is the EIR from Knauss to prove all these claims? Oh wait, their isn't one.

I'll wait for Knauss to put his money where his mouth is. Looks like I will be waiting awhile.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I didn't realize Knauss purchased the A's.

Where is the EIR from Knauss to prove all these claims? Oh wait, their isn't one.

I'll wait for Knauss to put his money where his mouth is. Looks like I will be waiting awhile.
Hahaha yeah Id probably get defensive too if I were a SJ booster when it comes to Don Knauss.

Don Knauss is shrewd, knowledgable, resourceful and a proven negotiator/dealmaker

And he has his sights set on HT.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM

WOW...this saga gets more and more interesting
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId...59&src=desktop

So suppose the Raiders go along and Lew Wolff gets the coliseum all to himself, then he'll build?

It's almost worth it to see the Raiders go just to put Lew Wolff in the position of living up to the commitment of building on the coliseum site.

LOL

Old 07-17-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Hahaha yeah Id probably get defensive too if I were a SJ booster when it comes to Don Knauss.

Don Knauss is shrewd, knowledgable, resourceful and a proven negotiator/dealmaker

And he has his sights set on HT.
He can drive his car up and look at HT all he wants. But the fact remains he hasn't done anything to move forward at HT and he still has no relationship with the A's.

I would like a good plated toilet, but I don't post about it on line because it is not going to happen.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
He can drive his car up and look at HT all he wants. But the fact remains he hasn't done anything to move forward at HT and he still has no relationship with the A's.
LMAO...feel better?

Oh, and Don Knauss and Lew Wolff are much more cordial than you or Mark Purdy( ultimate media straw grasper) would care to believe. At least that's what I was able to gather listening to Don Knauss on the radio TODAY. LOL

And that was a fantastic interview!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,744 times
Quote:
LMAO...feel better?

Oh, and Don Knauss and Lew Wolff are much more cordial than you or Mark Purdy( ultimate media straw grasper) would care to believe. At least that's what I was able to gather listening to Don Knauss on the radio TODAY. LOL

And that was a fantastic interview!
According to Knauss, Lew Wolff said once the coliseum lease negotiations are over, he would be happy to sit down and discuss Howard Terminal. For any doubters, if this is not true, Lew Wolff has a history of letting people know. Let's see what happens

Last edited by Stephen1110; 07-18-2014 at 12:13 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Also according to Don Knauss, a stadium at Howard Terminal would cost the same as anywhere else in the Bay Area! Not only does that fly in the face of the first three rules of real estate, it dumbs down the conversation to eliminate actual criticism and analysis which are necessary to get **** done.

We're all still waiting for his EIR which abides by the rules set forth regarding the site cleanup already linked here in this thread. I do wonder how he proposes to build something so large as a ballpark without digging down beneath the cap...especially on a waterfront where foundation is more susceptible to erosion...and in a seismically active zone...with land prone to liquefaction.

The dude injected himself into the conversation years ago but he is still little more than talk. Hell, how many times did he recite the word "transformational?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland