Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 AM

6,906 posts, read 8,279,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
Don't forget to take advantage of the 25% discount for game days that Capitol Corridor is offering. I took Capitol Corridor from San Jose to the game on the 2nd, and the trains were very nice and comfortable, more so than Caltrain, a lot better than BART.

Capitol Corridor Trains :: Special Offers :: Levi's Stadium

I doubt it will be crowded, I saw the train arrive from Sacramento and very few people got off to go toward the stadium, I imagine that since few people are mentioning it this will continue, but it is a great service.
Thanks for the reminder about the 25% discount!

So you took the Capitol Corridor train instead of taking the VTA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 01:19 AM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Thanks for the reminder about the 25% discount!

So you took the Capitol Corridor train instead of taking the VTA?
Yeah, Diridon to Great America station in 14 minutes, fairly uncrowded, I expected VTA to be crowded and to have more issues, the VTA service from downtown to Levi's stadium takes 30 minutes, 40 minutes from Diridon, so Capitol Carridor is faster. Yes it was $6 vs $2 for VTA, but it is a much nicer train, and faster.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
Yeah, Diridon to Great America station in 14 minutes, fairly uncrowded, I expected VTA to be crowded and to have more issues, the VTA service from downtown to Levi's stadium takes 30 minutes, 40 minutes from Diridon, so Capitol Carridor is faster. Yes it was $6 vs $2 for VTA, but it is a much nicer train, and faster.
Yep, I love the Captiol Corridor - best train in NorCal. I've taken it for various trips to the Bay from Sacramento. Direct to A's games. Direct to Berkeley(4th street/University) and San Jose-Diridon. And, now direct to 9ers games.

And Capitol Corridor direct to Richmond for connections with BART to downtown Berkeley(Cal games), BART to SF, SFO. Lake Merritt(Oakland)-family in Alameda picks us up, and San Bruno-family picks us up.

Sister-in-law in Alameda is terrified of driving, so she has never driven to Sacramento, she only takes the Capitol Corridor.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 PM

Edit

Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM

The race to Levi's Stadium: By car, Caltrain, Amtrak, BART, and VTA - SFGate

See this article and others articles on the "race" to Levi's Stadium on the first NFL game day.

"The Captiol Corridor train was flawless, and the beer on the train is a lot cheaper than in the Stadium"

You can't drink beer or wine on the Caltrain, nor BART, but you can on the Capitol Corridor from Sacramento :-)

Old 08-18-2014, 11:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
The race to Levi's Stadium: By car, Caltrain, Amtrak, BART, and VTA - SFGate

See this article and others articles on the "race" to Levi's Stadium on the first NFL game day.

"The Captiol Corridor train was flawless, and the beer on the train is a lot cheaper than in the Stadium"

You can't drink beer or wine on the Caltrain, nor BART, but you can on the Capitol Corridor from Sacramento :-)
I wish they would have raced home. I imagine the results would have turned on their head!7

Old 08-19-2014, 12:03 AM

Killion to Levi's Stadium - 1 hour, 18 minutes driving from Mill Valley - SFGate

By car from Marin County

Old 08-19-2014, 12:13 AM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Wow, that's a trek!

I did the Capitol Corridor this summer to the Santa Clara convention center for Antiques Roadshow. The stadium is right across the street from the Hyatt and the convention center. I've taken that train to the convention center several times in the past for events. There's one thing that can be problematic - unexpected delays. Trains seem to have them a lot.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times
I'm probably one of the biggest niner fan on this particular forum but even I will not go to the new stadium based from the reports i heard. (weather, expenses, transportation not working) Some guy died due to heat exhaustion and I heard its 50 to park now. Tickets cost way too much, etc.... It's too bad that sports, esp. the NFL, is more of a money game than an event that favors a fan experience but I rather watch my team (win or lose) at home in my air conditioned and heated home, my tv, and affordable food that I can eat. I can even fast forwards over the commercials if i choose to do so.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:10 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
I'm probably one of the biggest niner fan on this particular forum but even I will not go to the new stadium based from the reports i heard. (weather, expenses, transportation not working) Some guy died due to heat exhaustion and I heard its 50 to park now. Tickets cost way too much, etc.... It's too bad that sports, esp. the NFL, is more of a money game than an event that favors a fan experience but I rather watch my team (win or lose) at home in my air conditioned and heated home, my tv, and affordable food that I can eat. I can even fast forwards over the commercials if i choose to do so.
I'm with you. I bought a 55" HD TV with the money I saved from buying tickets. It's much more comfortable at home with friends/family. The NFL has almost lost me as a customer to be honest. I am so tired of RG changing the game so much. I will however, pay to go to Sharks games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland