Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,864 times

Advertisements

18-24 years old? Stay at the Larkinn 869 Ellis Street. Get a job or GA then get housed for 2 years subsidized. Save $. If your gay get a sugar daddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 11:10 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Sometimes, people need to share, especially in a high-demand place. Kids know this. Why don't the adults?
I feel like not sharing a bathroom is a rite of passage for adulthood (outside of sharing with a partner). It is quite uncomfortable not to have that private space in my book.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:15 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
I didn't even say it was! My point was that I wouldn't expect someone else to make as much of an effort to clean & disinfect a bathtub or shower floor after they use it. Before use, maybe.
Funny you're so worried about the shower, when you probably don't disinfect door handles, light switches, faucet taps, television remotes, computer keyboards... you know the things that in a house that are most likely to get germy. You're ridiculously silly.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:44 PM

732 posts, read 968,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
Funny you're so worried about the shower, when you probably don't disinfect door handles, light switches, faucet taps, television remotes, computer keyboards... you know the things that in a house that are most likely to get germy. You're ridiculously silly.
And you're very uncalled-for rude which warrants a big, justified F OFF!

"Probably" is mere speculation, and you judge me on your speculation?! I actually do on occasions clean the handles, door knobs, light switches, and my notebook computers. I clean my faucet handles along with the rest of the bathrooms & kitchen sink.

Foot fungus is commonly known to be passed between people via unclean shower floors, and the conversation was originally about SHARING BATHROOMS which is why I brought that up! DUH!

Old 02-16-2015, 06:45 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:

"Probably" is mere speculation, and you judge me on your speculation?! I actually do on occasions clean the handles, door knobs, light switches, and my notebook computers. I clean my faucet handles along with the rest of the bathrooms & kitchen sink.

Foot fungus is commonly known to be passed between people via unclean shower floors, and the conversation was originally about SHARING BATHROOMS which is why I brought that up! DUH!
I thought Felix Unger died a few years ago....

Old 02-16-2015, 09:17 PM

732 posts, read 968,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I thought Felix Unger died a few years ago....
I didn't realize douchebags could come to life and post messages on the internet.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,830,977 times
Quote:

You're overreacting and silly. The disparity between cleaning multiple use items on occasions and cleaning your tub after every use is pretty funny. One of these things is not used as much as the others.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I feel like not sharing a bathroom is a rite of passage for adulthood (outside of sharing with a partner). It is quite uncomfortable not to have that private space in my book.
Well, if you can afford a room where you have your own bathroom, great, more power to you. I'm just saying it doesn't mean you can't afford the area or you're living in poverty because you don't have your own separate bathroom. There are houses in places like Cupertino and Mountain View that have 15 engineers living there, each with their own room, and they have big meals together etc. They are sharing the cost of living near Apple or Google. They all make 100K+. I doubt if they have 10 bathrooms. Most buildings don't have the number of bedrooms and bathrooms exactly equal unless you're talking about a condo/apartment building.

I don't see any engineer houses listed in Cupertino right now but I do see this:

Room 4 rent in beautiful modern house w/great roommates. Avl. 3/03!!!

Six bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms so I guess you would say they are living in poverty lol. $900 a month.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:08 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,961 times
The short answer to this question, for more and more people, is: YOU DON'T. You live precariously in "the City", or you leave it...

Old 02-17-2015, 04:56 PM

238 posts, read 302,614 times
omg, give the living in poverty thing a rest already! nobody is saying that. they are just stating their preference. you are seriously like a broken record about this poverty thing.

living in poverty
living in poverty
living in poverty
living in poverty
living in poverty

gahhhhhhh!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland