Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times

Advertisements

This is spot on. One of the most relevant quotes.

Quote:
Your spouse hurriedly gets ready for work — you are a two income family and you have to be one for now. The spreadsheet shows that with only three more years’ savings, you can finally afford that 2 bedroom condo in San Bruno. So what if the weather is crappy 340 days out of the year? At least you’ll be homeowner in the Bay Area — and nothing says you’ve “made it” like being able to afford a down payment. Besides, San Bruno is “up and coming” — and Youtube has an office there.
https://medium.com/@subes01/this-is-...095#.937y0kp63
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,725,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Crappy weather? San Bruno has the best weather! Nice and cool all year long unlike the brutal desert-like Santa Clara/San Jose

Old 08-18-2016, 10:09 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Crappy weather? San Bruno has the best weather! Nice and cool all year long unlike the brutal desert-like Santa Clara/San Jose
Um, right.

I never understand when people talk about the unbearable hot San Jose area weather. Even the average temps in the hottest months of July/August are in the mid-high 80s with almost no humidity most of the time. There are numerous other locations in the Bay Area that get much hotter in the summer. You clearly don't get around the Bay Area too much.

And yes, San Bruno/Daly City/Pacifica etc. DO have crappy weather.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Um, right.

I never understand when people talk about the unbearable hot San Jose area weather. Even the average temps in the hottest months of July/August are in the mid-high 80s with almost no humidity most of the time. There are numerous other locations in the Bay Area that get much hotter in the summer. You clearly don't get around the Bay Area too much.

And yes, San Bruno/Daly City/Pacifica etc. DO have crappy weather.
I barely count the trivalley area as the Bay Area, it has more cultural relation with Tracy in my opinion despite popular vote. I will agree it's hotter there.
Personally I prefer nice refreshing breezes and clouds to lower uv radiation.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:02 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
"I barely count the trivalley area as the Bay Area, it has more cultural relation with Tracy in my opinion despite popular vote. I will agree it's hotter there.
Personally I prefer nice refreshing breezes and clouds to lower uv radiation."

You don't seem to have spent any real time in any of the cities you're referring to. About the only thing that cities like Livermore and Pleasanton have in common with Tracy is the freeway that connects them to each other.

Pleasanton and Livermore are in Alameda county so they are clearly part of the Bay Area. They are also much hotter than SJ in the summer.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
"I barely count the trivalley area as the Bay Area, it has more cultural relation with Tracy in my opinion despite popular vote. I will agree it's hotter there.

You don't seem to have spent any real time in any of the cities you're referring to. About the only thing that cities like Livermore and Pleasanton have in common with Tracy is the freeway that connects them to each other.

Pleasanton and Livermore are in Alameda county so they are clearly part of the Bay Area. They are also much hotter than SJ in the summer.
Boring towns that are hot and overpriced? Can't see any difference between Tracy and livermore

Old 08-18-2016, 02:42 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,409,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Poor little director with hipster spending habits.

This mythical individual is actually far, far better off than most people in tech let alone the Bay Area.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:07 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:

I'm guessing someone hasn't left the house in years. Oh, have you ever seen My 600lb Life?

Old 08-18-2016, 03:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post

This mythical individual is actually far, far better off than most people in tech let alone the Bay Area.
It was ridiculous, but there was a lot of reality in there too.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:49 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post

No. You just have this weird mentality that if you can't afford a single family home in the location you want, it means that if you move to that location anyway you are living in poverty. That's ridiculous. There's no way someone who makes 100k is not well off. You can be in a great situation, financially and logistically, and still not be able to purchase a single family home in the area where you live because they don't exist or are too expensive.

Let's trade salaries, man. Then you'll know something about not being well off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland