Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 02:39 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,017,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Because it might have been priced to create a bidding war.

In SF for example it's common for RE agents to list a home undermarked value, get bids and 14-21 days later attempt to have buyers to compete with counter offers. It's a game both buyer/sellers agents understand.

i sold my house off market. I was aware by early 2019 the market had begun to slow. I went to plenty of open houses where there were only one or two other people looking. Putting my house on the open market would have been the kiss of death esp. with the repairs needed. However, off market I tell unsuspecting buyers that if they want the house...pay asking price. Otherwise they could wait and take their chances when the home hits the MLS (open market.)

I only needed one buyer and after three weeks... nabbed one. Sold it for good 150k over market value. But why didn't the buyers agent explain to his clients this wasn't a particularly good deal?

Because my RE agent told the other agent it was asking price. Take it or leave it.

Take it and the sellers agent pockets an easy pocket a 41k commission. Leave it and he gets nothing.

Didn't take long for other agent steered his clients toward accepting my price.
$$$$ talks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 11:40 PM

68 posts, read 62,616 times
My property in Vallejo was bought for 375K in 2018 it was later valued at 480 k in the beginning of 2020 before it was turned into a 4plex.This was with absolutely no improvement and a dramatic raise in crime in the area and some of the lowest school scores in the bay area. since I converted the property into a 4 plex it's now valued at 780k. That was with the Floyd riots, a dude getting murdered on the corner, daily sideshows with gunshots, and a drive by in front of my place with one of the rounds going through my neighbor's window.

My Martinez residence was bought for 580K and with no work completed whatsoever is now valued at 645k. I imagine when I finish triplexing the residence it would go up in value a lot more.

There are significant long term ramifications not only to the bay area but to the west coast and the U.S. because California can not get its housing crisis under control buyers here are now going to other metro areas around the country and causing havoc there as well. It also has a major effect on the future demographics of the area as the bay area will more than likely become all white and Asian.

either California can start to build more houses and attempt to fix this issue it put itself in, or it can stop pandering to its immigration rhetoric and more houses will free up as foreign populations stop moving here. Either way California needs to do something.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:15 AM

7,188 posts, read 9,322,724 times
Near-record pace for Bay Area home sales

East Bay homes selling in under two weeks

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/04...-home-sales-3/

"The California Association of Realtors estimates the Bay Area has about 1.5 months of inventory — an indication that at the current pace, all homes on the market would sell in just six weeks. It’s the lowest level since at least 2005, according to the association’s data. In March 2020, for example, the region had about three months of inventory.

Redfin economist Taylor Marr said the Bay Area housing market has split: slow-moving condos and townhomes, and fast-selling single-family homes. “This is true everywhere,” Marr said, “but it’s very pronounced in the Bay Area.” The fast-selling homes drive down the average days on market."

Old 04-25-2021, 12:39 AM

108 posts, read 143,447 times
Hopefully my property in Brentwood will rise in value because we went all in on this thing.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:15 AM

130 posts, read 160,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Interesting to see what happens as more tech companies like Twitter will allow their employees to work from home and if other companies will follow Tesla out of the state.

"Tech Workers Consider Escaping Silicon Valley’s Sky-High Rents

After major companies announce their employees won’t need to come in, many are recalculating the cost of living near the office."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t=businessweek
I believe I left San Francisco for Fresno this year once my tech job became optionally remote forever.
Both of my neighbors came from LA and the other you guessed it SF. I moved from SF to Fresno so I can keep my California Salary. I live near the River Park area and will have to say it is a nice shopping area with the potential to be the Rodeo Drive/Santana Row of Fresno. Overall best Decision ever!

Here are some other new communities I scouted in the Fresno area outside SF/LA.

Friant Ranch
Tesoro Viejo
Riverstone

Also
The Residences at The Row
(I talked to them and they said they are 100% booked)
https://goo.gl/maps/cUzVCC5kh6hARTM2A

Old 04-25-2021, 05:24 AM

A churning Golden State on the eve of new population numbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c3e_story.html

"ROCKLIN, Calif. — Shannon Sessions has a seat in left field, in the shade of a willow. Her goldendoodle, Yeti, is leashed to her folding chair.

These are prime tickets at the Little League diamond here at Whitney Ranch park, an expanding development of red-tile roof houses, barbecues and backyards. Less than two months into her move to this old-new boomtown in the dry air of the Sierra Nevada foothills, she already knows to arrive early if she wants a good view of Carter, her 8-year-old son, playing first base.

Sessions is a newcomer, a Bay Area transplant, and among a quickening migration from west to east transforming a state once shaped by arrivals heading very much in the other direction.

The trend has made Placer County, climbing from the outskirts of Sacramento to the blue depths of Lake Tahoe, among the fastest growing places in the state over a decade when California’s famed historic growth has slowed to a virtual standstill."

Old 11-17-2021, 09:53 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,465,786 times
Why 2022 Could Be The Dot-Com Bubble All Over Again:

"Summary
Speculative growth stocks have become unreasonably expensive.
Persistent inflation will trigger higher interest rates, causing high growth to crash.
Capital will flow out of "dumb money" into fixed income and cash-flow generating stocks.
High growth companies with no earnings will be hit the hardest, and could see a 30% drawdown over the next 18 months.
The best way to protect your portfolio is to shift money out of speculative stocks and into high-quality stocks."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/446...all-over-again

Old 11-17-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchingsinc View Post
I believe I left San Francisco for Fresno this year once my tech job became optionally remote forever.
Both of my neighbors came from LA and the other you guessed it SF. I moved from SF to Fresno so I can keep my California Salary. I live near the River Park area and will have to say it is a nice shopping area with the potential to be the Rodeo Drive/Santana Row of Fresno. Overall best Decision ever!

Here are some other new communities I scouted in the Fresno area outside SF/LA.

Friant Ranch
Tesoro Viejo
Riverstone

Also
The Residences at The Row
(I talked to them and they said they are 100% booked)
https://goo.gl/maps/cUzVCC5kh6hARTM2A
Fresno?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:43 AM

Hotly contested Lafayette housing project gets court OK

Judge rules Terraces of Lafayettes’ environmental review holds up

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/11...gets-court-ok/

"LAFAYETTE — A proposal to build 315 apartment units — one that has roiled the city for years — has cleared a major legal after a Contra Costa County judge struck down claims by opponents that it wouldn’t be environmentally sound.

The Terraces of Lafayette survived the latest in a long saga of challenges by Save Lafayette, a citizens group that has been trying to stop the project in its tracks.

The apartments, including 63 affordable units, would be spread across 14 buildings. The project also includes a two-story clubhouse and leasing office and 550 parking spaces, all on a 22-acre site at Deer Hill and Pleasant Hill roads."

Old 11-21-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadedfadedisbae View Post
Hopefully my property in Brentwood will rise in value because we went all in on this thing.
Antioch, Pittsburg, Bay Point too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland