Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,140 times

Advertisements

i have lived in the U.S. since I was 16 I am about to turn 30, went to schoo, college and had to give it up after that I could not pay it on my own, been working ever since paying taxes and have never even talk to a police officer, recently lost my job that I had for 7 years, and now I feel lost where to go for help, or if I had a place I could go I would go back but back where? anyway if there is someone out there who knows what to do please help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 PM

90 posts, read 468,700 times
First take a deep breath. Then make plans for your future, and get help if you need doing this. Go to free job placement centers. Get help with your resume. Talk with headhunters (the ones that are free to you). Determine what is your dream job and how can you get there. Figure out what you have to give, what are your gifts to give in the way of career, what are your passions and can you incorporate those into work. I've met so many that have come here with nothing and have built so much. There is always a way.

Sounds like you need to talk with someone. Go to career counseling talks, publicized in newspapers, free to you. Talk with church leaders anywhere. Reach out and get involved so that you feel a part, you feel like you have a reason for being. Get busy and life will fall back into place. If you contribute and offer to help others, you will be offered help back, including jobs, food, shelter, direction. What do you have to bring to the world? What would make you proud looking back a few decades from now?

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland