Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,693 times

Advertisements

Malls are full of people not from the city they are at the mall in. All malls have the fake thugs and thugs looking for trouble. I guess sunvalley in concord is horrible too.

There have been several armed robberies at stonestown and serramonte parking lot also.

Teen Girls Jailed In Concord Mall Beating, Robbery - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/crime/concord.teens.robbery.2.861747.html - broken link)

CLAYCORD.com: ANOTHER ROBBERY AT THE SUNVALLEY MALL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,239,221 times
^true but different places have the thug element to different extents...and robberies and such happen everywhere...I've lived in SF all my life and personally can't remember a single violent incident that's happened at Stonestown (that's not to say they don't happen, just that they don't happen with the same frequency as a place like Hilltop).

edit: wait, I actually do remember a bank branch at Stonestown getting robbed when I was a kid.

Last edited by rah; 07-29-2009 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
^true but different places have the thug element to different extents...and robberies and such happen everywhere...I've lived in SF all my life and personally can't remember a single violent incident that's happened at Stonestown (that's not to say they don't happen, just that they don't happen with the same frequency as a place like Hilltop).

edit: wait, I actually do remember a bank branch at Stonestown getting robbed when I was a kid.
I can't recall any of note at Stonestown aside from a Chinese/Filipino rumble of like 50 vs. 100 (or something like that) way back in the early 90's. Other than that, there was an older Asian man that was beaten to death in the Macys bathroom 8 years ago or so.

Serramonte and Tanforan used to have tons of fights and robberies back in the gang-dominant era of the early-to-mid 90's. Even Hillsdale and Fashion Island (anyone remember that spot?!) used to see their fare share of drama. But shootings and murders are pretty rare at any of these places. The only malls I can think of that have had those happen on more than one occassion that I'm aware of are Southland and Eastmont. And I guess Hilltop. But typically this kind of drama is not particularly common to any Bay Area mall that I know of.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Even Hillsdale and Fashion Island (anyone remember that spot?!) used to see their fare share of drama.
Im probably related to the people involved in those incidents.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im probably related to the people involved in those incidents.
Lol I wouldn't doubt it. My friends used to tell me that every Tongan on the Peninsula was related. Obviously now I know they were exaggerating, but the probability that you'd be related to a good amount of them is pretty high. I'd expect you to be connected to at least some of the people involved in those incidents lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Lol I wouldn't doubt it. My friends used to tell me that every Tongan on the Peninsula was related.
There are really big clans. Here in the bay area I have more relatives than I'd like. I wish some would move away already.LOL

Quote:
I'd expect you to be connected to at least some of the people involved in those incidents lol.
Yes, I have some very 'illustruous' relatives.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:33 PM

19 posts, read 49,549 times
shooting at the malls are more sad than shocking sadly u hearof sumbody in tha east getting gassed(shot) thas not family is just another mutha****a dead.....thas just how it is out there

Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
where ever there are black and us(mexicans) theres always gunna be crime. if your white and not used to the crime these are not the places for you to live.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DeathX4 View Post
where ever there are black and us(mexicans) theres always gunna be crime. if your white and not used to the crime these are not the places for you to live.
Give yourself more credit than that, us whites do all the same crap, we just don't have the cops on us all the time.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:28 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
I don't know (or care) what the stats show. I am white and I lived for a few years in San Diego California, in Tacoma Washington and in Oakland California. I felt safer in Oakland California than the other two. I have zero respect for all gang bangers, They ALL deserve to be locked up forever.
Gangs are lame, the morons who join gangs are scummy scuzbags and those cities are full of these types of boneheaded losers. I now live in Montana and I haven't seen a gang banger for quite a while and that's fine with me. Gang bangers are freaking morons who lead pathetic little lives and I would be happy if they all died of the swine flu today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland