Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM

427 posts, read 1,224,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
LA cares more about USC than any pro team, they don't need an NFL team, both teams were not drawing anybody to the games. I don't think they ever sold out.
Wow I didn't know that, I guess it's no wonder the rams bailed to st. louis. That's a pretty bold statement coming from the second most populated city in america, when they can't even sell out a football game of all things. I could understand if it was hockey or some other sport but football is america's game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:50 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Talk to the hand.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I'm pretty sure Al Davis will do whatever he can to screw over whatever city or metro area is unlucky enough to host his team.

Oh wait, that's us.
Ha ha you got that right. He really seems to want to punish Oakland or something. It almost seems like its on purpose now. Cable seems like the most positive addition the team has had in years, and I think if Al keeps him he may be your guys' path to salvation. But the Crypt Keeper really seems like he's not even really trying to improve things. Its gotten to the point where it looks like its not even senility, but rather hostility that's motivating him.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Except for a few season ticket holders it will not affect the local fan base whatsoever. I have been a die-hard 49er fan since 1970 but have actually attended only one game live. The NFL is a TV sport. It is boring live. (Unless you watch the fans at a Raider game - and I am no Raider fan!)
Are you kidding me?? How is it more exciting to watch on TV than to be surrounded by 60,000 screaming fans and feeling the energy of the event?! What was the one game you attended live? It must have been a serious disappointment if it kept you from coming back a second time in 39 years. I go at least twice a season (I'm not a season ticket holder), and I love it. And so does anyone that I've ever brought along with me - especially my girlfriend who had no previous interest in the sport. Bringing her to games is what got her to actually develop an interest in the game and the team, so now she's actually able to watch it on TV and be interested. Baseball is too boring for her to watch on TV and she's only interested if we attend games. To each his own I guess, but I'm amazed you found attending a game to be boring. I suggest giving it another shot, and choose some company that's enthusiastic. It can really be a lot of fun.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Are you kidding me?? How is it more exciting to watch on TV than to be surrounded by 60,000 screaming fans and feeling the energy of the event?! What was the one game you attended live?
OK, maybe I overstated it a bit. But the game I went to was boring, a 17-10 win against the Lions back when Montana was QB, the fans not all that enthusiastic, and everyone on the field standing around for commercial breaks all the time was killing me. Also the seats sucked. And now the team sucks.

I do recall being pretty excited back when I was 10 (and a huge Raider fan, pre-LA move) and I saw Darryl Lamonica's Raiders beat Joe Namath's Jets in 1968, 43-32. Namath threw for 381 yards that game, Lamonica for 311. Now that was an exciting game!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:08 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
LA needs an nfl team and the bay area is hoarding two of them. Seems like an easy fix to me.
LA does NOT need an NFL(Not For Long)football team. We've got two NBA teams, two MLB teams, two NHL teams, and two college football teams. There's enough sports teams in the Los Angeles area.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
LOL

Ha ha you got that right. He really seems to want to punish Oakland or something. It almost seems like its on purpose now. Cable seems like the most positive addition the team has had in years, and I think if Al keeps him he may be your guys' path to salvation. But the Crypt Keeper really seems like he's not even really trying to improve things. Its gotten to the point where it looks like its not even senility, but rather hostility that's motivating him.
Davis was once referred to as the "Jewish Hitler".lol It fits him.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
davis was once referred to as the "jewish hitler".lol it fits him.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland