Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,714,434 times

Advertisements

I truly believe this disaster of an organization needs a fresh start in Mexicali at the soccer stadium. They will draw loyal fans from Baja, Sonora, Imperial Valley and Coachella Valley. Probably sell way more tickets than that relic in Oakland. Think about it. The players can live and revitalize the economy of Imperial County. They can build McMansions in Ocotillo and have the hottest training camp in the NFL to get their lazy underacievers in shape in the sultry Calexico sun. Sounds like a winner to me !

Lets face it. The people in that region love Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores so they will sell out every game !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,654 times
Yawn.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,534 times
I like John Madden myself. But I'm a Steeler fan in Fresno. /shrug

I don't say to much about the Raiders though. The Mad Stork might come and get meh...

This is a fine thread for some music though:

Ice Cube - Come and Get It (Raider Nation) - YouTube

Equal time for the Steelers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8_bt1_4No

Last edited by Senno; 03-13-2013 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,009,679 times
Does MexiCali even want the Raiders? Oakland was the only city dumb enough to give the Raiders a super lucrative deal to come and play. Even L.A doesn't want the Raiders and they are actively seeking a team right now.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM

Well, the Raiders boomeranged on them in LA right back to Oakland. Once bitten, twice shy Doc.

I gotta admit the Irwindale Raiders is kinda catchy though.

Doc, did I ever tell you I attended a pre-season game between the Rams and Raiders in the Big A while they were both still in LA in the early 90's? The raiders fans got in a fight amongst themselves and the coppers and security wouldn't go into the stands to break it up. They finally settled down when they stopped the game from going on. A group of us from work were in the nosebleed section and watched it all happen. We got worried a Rams fan was in there, but were assured by those on the periphery that it was only Raiders fans. Fun times.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
LA would take the Raiders back in a heartbeat. Hell they have just as many Raider teams stores in the LA Metro area already as they do up here.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,009,679 times
mod cut
Jacksonville is actually the #1 team for L.A's NFL return. The Bills are a close 2nd. The Raiders may be a distant third, but I haven't heard much talk.

As an aside, does anyone else think the Raiders probably have the worst stadium situation in football right now? I'd contend that their move to Oakland was the dumbest in the history of the NFL. The team could have played in a new stadium in Hollywood Park, City of Industry, and basically owned the 2nd biggest market for the NFL. Instead, they decided to move to an aging baseball stadium, share a market with the more popular 49ers, and play in one of the least desirable parts of an already somewhat undesirable city. Dumb dumb dumb.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-15-2013 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: keep the gang and crime talk out of this thead

Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM

off My FIL is a huge Raider fan in Porterville, for instance.

You ain't old-school enough for an old Doc, Doc...

You are arguing against yourself here donchaknow. The gangs wear the colors to identify themselves, not to identify themselves as fans of a particular team....

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-15-2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
He's citing quarter-century-old rap videos for shock value now...
LoL. I'm a white guy in Fresno. Talk about shocking.

off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Actually, the gangs in L.A have been dumping Raider gear recently for Dodger gear, but plenty of them still wear the Raider gear.

Suffice to say, Los Angeles doesn't want the Raiders. They want the Jaguars and will probably get them.
mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 03-15-2013 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Thread not about gangs

Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
LA Gang bangers only started using Dodger gear in the past 2-3 years.

Until then it was Raiders gear all the way.
No, Surenos have been wearing Dodger hats for years, just like Crips wear Chicago Cubs hats and Fresno Bulldogs(a gang named after the team) wear Fresno State gear. Raiders gear has always been popular with certain gangs that align with silver or grey colors, but it's not as if it's the only team used to identify their colors. All gangs don't wear Raider gear, because obviously there would be no way to identify each gang from rivals...

Maybe the popularity of Raiders hats has decreased more so in the past 2-3 years because they suck so badly as a team...

Last edited by Deezus; 03-13-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland