Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 PM

577 posts, read 979,601 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience with Dr Thomas Coon....ortho surgeon and/or St Helena Hospital? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
I have used out-patient services at St Helena Hospital and was very satisfied. This was several years ago, though. I have no information about the doctor you mentioned.

I have several friends who live in Lake County (just north of St Helena Hospital) and they will choose St Helena hospital over the local hospitals ~ almost every time.

As far as I know, this hosp. is very highly rated. It is part of the Adventist Health System.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 AM

282 posts, read 382,512 times
He may be very good however he's not Board Certified, that is something I personally require in a surgeon.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,490 times
Please do NOT go to Dr. Coon. He has no bedside manner, and forget about ever seeing or talking to him after surgery. He will never call you back. Do an internet search for him and you will see he gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in kickbacks from medical device companies. There are other doctors out that that do minimially invasive surgery. Please do not go to this man!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,732 times
Default Dr. Coon bad experience.

If anyone needs a knee replacement, please avoid going to Dr. Coon. This man has forgotten that he has taken an oath of healing people. Money is his life. I had both knees replaced by him. The first one froze, it took 2 months to have it manipulated. The pain was unbelievable. His office staff never returned any phone calls, neither help me, I was actually a nuisance. They lure you and promise you than in 6 weeks you will be walking and doing any sports you wish. What a lie! My implants work great, but due to the fact that he changed the angle of my knees I am now unable to walk more than 300 yards. Do you think that Dr. Coon tried to keep track of my progress......... It would be too much work. I compare Dr. Coon's practice to a Chinese manufacturing assembly line. Please stay away from this man and his office.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Anyone have any experience with Dr Thomas Coon....ortho surgeon and/or St Helena Hospital? Thanks
I have, he does knees right? Yeah I have heard awesome things about him. A neighbor of my inlaws said he was excellent and did not knock her out.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,418 times
Dear Dr. Coon:

On behalf of my mother, cousin and our entire family, we wish to express to you our appreciation for the recent outstanding medical care given in the Joint Replacement Department of St. Helena Hospital. It was a positive experience like none other we have known.

From the first moment we arrived the security guards, greeters, office and medical staff members and all we encountered were extremely professional, upbeat, friendly, and had the demeanor to provide confidence and a special welcome not seen in other hospital environments. Dr. Coon, you are not only an outstanding technician with regard to surgical skills, but also your post-operative visits to us in the family waiting room were informative and very much appreciated. Postoperatively the nurses were most attentive with good patient-care ratio, providing appropriate follow up and excellence in both the big and small aspects of care. There is a quiet, clean, confident and calming sense to the hospital itself, and the in-house overnight accommodations for family is another outstanding feature setting apart first-class St. Helena from other medical institutions.

Thank you for an outstanding experience.

Sincerely,
John C. Dores

Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 4,287 times
Default Dr. Thomas Coon, Certified Orthopedic Surgeon

Dr. Thomas Coon, founder of the St. Helena Coon Joint Replacement Institute, is a Board Certified Orthopedic surgeon. His biography can be found at [URL="http://www.napavalleyjointcare.org"]www.napavalleyjointcare.org[/URL]

Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM

88 posts, read 283,112 times
I'm glad I don't need to see Dr. Coon for anything. With such opposite recommendations, I personally wouldn't chance it and go to somebody else.

Last edited by southernjedi; 02-03-2012 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,357 times
If you do not reccomend Dr. Coon---to whom would you suggest I go----I live in Central California and am doing research on minimally invasive knee surgery for myself. mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-26-2012 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: no signature lines, please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland