Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,721,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
For decades, other cities, states and countries have tried to set up their own Silicon Valley with some successes but mostly failures and no one has matched SV because the creativity and system to create tech companies is present there like nowhere else. I suspect BC and other places will continue to mostly fail to take business from SV. Sure, maybe some tech workers leave but so.

Until someone starts matching the great successes of SV, all this talk is mostly political hogwash that won't amount to a hill of beans.
I laugh my ass off when people claim there's some special creativity here. No, Its not that at all. It's just because we had nice weather that's it. We have no big "secret". Seriously if someone tried to set up Silicon Valley in Lompoc or eureka ca they would have the same successes if they set up a nice school in tandem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 01:52 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
For decades, other cities, states and countries have tried to set up their own Silicon Valley with some successes but mostly failures and no one has matched SV because the creativity and system to create tech companies is present there like nowhere else. I suspect BC and other places will continue to mostly fail to take business from SV. Sure, maybe some tech workers leave but so.

Until someone starts matching the great successes of SV, all this talk is mostly political hogwash that won't amount to a hill of beans.
You are absolutely correct.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
I laugh my ass off when people claim there's some special creativity here. No, Its not that at all. It's just because we had nice weather that's it. We have no big "secret". Seriously if someone tried to set up Silicon Valley in Lompoc or eureka ca they would have the same successes if they set up a nice school in tandem.
That is just plain hogwash. You obviously don't know the history of Silicon Valley.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:50 PM

318 posts, read 337,594 times
This is the only way I could see a crash happening.

If trump pulled the plug, it would send Fremont, Sunnyvale, San Jose market into a COMPLETE shock.

Rentals would get hit hard first

This would bring more tech jobs to American citizens in the Bay Area that always wanted to live and work out here. It would get built back up with time.

You have to have lived in this area recently to understand the climate here, it is shocking, you can be Fremont or parts of San Jose and feel like you’re not even in the U.S

A lot of people who were born or raised here have been priced out the area because of this.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
That is just plain hogwash. You obviously don't know the history of Silicon Valley.
Pray tell what makes us special.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:53 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,859,540 times
Quote:
Pray tell what makes us special.
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that there hasn't been a second Silicon Valley anywhere even close to approaching 1/2 of what we are? And we've been around since 1950's...it's been 67 years and no one has taken the throne from us.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Stanford is there and has the combination of tech and business talent. I agree the weather is fantastic and makes it desirable as well.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that there hasn't been a second Silicon Valley anywhere even close to approaching 1/2 of what we are? And we've been around since 1950's...it's been 67 years and no one has taken the throne from us.
Interestingly enough we have the best weather huh it's almost as if that matters more

Old 03-15-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Interestingly enough we have the best weather huh it's almost as if that matters more
Though the weather in San Jose is good, the weather in San Diego is better. The weather is not the major reason for Silicon Valley.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Though the weather in San Jose is good, the weather in San Diego is better. The weather is not the major reason for Silicon Valley.
People love mild summers more than raw heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose