Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 PM

70 posts, read 295,557 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations?

I'm not (really) partial to any location. I'm open to West San Jose, Campbell, "Santa Clara," Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Cupertino, Saratoga, Los Gatos, and any other place in the area that makes sense.

What are some of the better places (read: safe, and quality) that offer washer/dryer in unit?

Can I get my own washer/dryer economically (less than $1500/month for rent)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Usually that will be a newer condo or a high-end apartment. A one-bedroom might be in your price range only if it's not in a great area. I've never seen a studio that had laundry in the unit.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 AM

486 posts, read 982,216 times
I was just apartment hunting last week and I looked at quite few in most of those areas. There are a lot of options. I don't remember the cost of the one bedroom apartments because I was looking at two bedrooms. I do think you should not have a problem finding something in that range because most are running specials. I would recommend looking on www.apartmentguide.com . That website really helped me to narrow down my search. However, make sure you see the apartment in person before renting. When I came out I had narrowed my decision down to one apartment that looked great on-line and was in the right school district. I got there and it wasn't what I thought it was. So I started over and it took me three days to find something that I liked.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM

70 posts, read 295,557 times
What places were good?

What places were terrible?

In your opinion?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:26 PM

486 posts, read 982,216 times
It really depends what you are looking for. Please note I am not from there, the neighborhoods looked okay but I really don't know.

Aventino in Los Gatos was very nice. This one was pretty pricey.
Hamptons at Cupertino were nice apartments with great amenities. I saw a few things that made me question the class of some of the people that lived there. (not meant to be offensive, just couldn't find a nicer way to say it.)
Archstone Cupertiono was nice. They were running a special on the deposit.
Cherry Blossom was nice.
Glenbrook is a nice looking community, however, they advertise a washer and dryer in the unit. It is big enough to wash three pairs of pants at one time. Seriously.

There wasn't really one that I thought was terrible, some were just lacking the amenities that I was looking for (i.e. grassy areas, park nearby, etc.)

Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Any of the areas you listed are OK, but there are some parts of West San Jose that have a lot of gang activity, like Winchester & Moorpark.. don't like that area at all.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM

329 posts, read 656,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
It really depends what you are looking for. Please note I am not from there, the neighborhoods looked okay but I really don't know.

Aventino in Los Gatos was very nice. This one was pretty pricey.
Hamptons at Cupertino were nice apartments with great amenities. I saw a few things that made me question the class of some of the people that lived there. (not meant to be offensive, just couldn't find a nicer way to say it.)
Archstone Cupertiono was nice. They were running a special on the deposit.
Cherry Blossom was nice.
Glenbrook is a nice looking community, however, they advertise a washer and dryer in the unit. It is big enough to wash three pairs of pants at one time. Seriously.

There wasn't really one that I thought was terrible, some were just lacking the amenities that I was looking for (i.e. grassy areas, park nearby, etc.)
I havent seen the inside of glenbrook apartments. Is the washer/dryer that small that it needs to be run every other day?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose