Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 06:47 PM

254 posts, read 588,399 times

Advertisements

I posted this before in the SF thread and looking for recommendations here since my current job has an office in SJ and I want to move away from Boston a year from now.

So far have only seen the SF area and considered moving into Berkeley or Lake Merritt but want to consider similar neighborhoods closer to SJ to make way for a less tedious commute.

I am looking to move into an area close to bars, restaurant and shopping. In other words, an urban setting where I can step out of my house and see lots of people. Does anything like this exist in SJ or the outlying bay area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:03 AM

30,905 posts, read 37,014,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJad View Post
I posted this before in the SF thread and looking for recommendations here since my current job has an office in SJ and I want to move away from Boston a year from now.

So far have only seen the SF area and considered moving into Berkeley or Lake Merritt but want to consider similar neighborhoods closer to SJ to make way for a less tedious commute.

I am looking to move into an area close to bars, restaurant and shopping. In other words, an urban setting where I can step out of my house and see lots of people. Does anything like this exist in SJ or the outlying bay area?
SJ's urban scene is tame compared with San Francisco's. But downtown SJ has improved a lot in the last few years and you can now experience a truly urban lifestyle here (although you'll still need a car).

The upside is that SJ is clearner and has less crime. The weather is also warmer and sunnier without being burning hot.

The other downside to SJ is that it does not really have a balanced population. It is a one industry town (tech) and attracts a lot of tech geeks, who tend to be kind of one dimensional.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,859,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

It is a one industry town (tech) and attracts a lot of tech geeks, who tend to be kind of one dimensional.
You mean we got nerds?

They're not necessarily one-dimensional. Some play Warcraft, in addition to D & D.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:04 PM

198 posts, read 530,908 times
You may want to check out Santana Row in San Jose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose