Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Ohs Ohs started this thread

236 posts, read 712,767 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do for this Halloween in the Bay Area. I was thinking of going to Santa Cruz, but feel a little too old for the whole college bar scene. I’m thirty now and don’t like a lot of hassle and don’t want to feel like I’m trying to relive my college years. I did see that the Crow’s Nest a restaurant on the beach is having some sort of Halloween thingy, but then I feel like it might be a crowed of older people there. Either way I don’t know where I fit in and what would be the best fit. I looked at San Jose and found NOTHING going on, please correct me if I am wrong. A few bars looked like maybe something would be happening this one dance place called Agenda, but that looked more like a younger crowd wearing skimpy outfits showing their boobs. Which is fine, but not really my scene. So any suggestions for Halloween would be greatly appreciated I feel very out of place and caught in the middle being in my 30’s. Also what are you dressing up as, I’m thinking of being something ridiculous like a big fat Mrs. Potts or maybe Miss Piggy. Also has anyone been to the pumpkin festival in Half Moon Bay it looks kind of cute and I love pumpkin food, is it worth the drive from San Jose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 PM

hmmm no one has any suggestions yeah probably because there is nothing to do which further points out that San Jose is boring and SUCKS!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Don't worry! Someone will be along soon enough. This thread is too good to pass up. For the first time in my life, I'm speechless. Not to worry though. I'll think of something to say after I've had a few drinks.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 PM

Oh good I can't wait...

Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
hmmm no one has any suggestions yeah probably because there is nothing to do which further points out that San Jose is boring and SUCKS!
So stop paying out the ass to live here. I'm sure you can be a social reject for cheaper elsewhere.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
A few bars looked like maybe something would be happening this one dance place called Agenda, but that looked more like a younger crowd wearing skimpy outfits showing their boobs.
[Note to self >>> go to Agenda to see the younger crowd wearing skimpy outfits showing their boobs]

Oh, and three days of Phish in Coachella beats just about any other Halloween party this year.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM

What a surprise Krudmonk here to rebuttal a negative comment about wondrous San Jose.

Aside from San Jose bashing I want to really know what people in my age range that don’t have kids do for Halloween. Some cities cater to more younger professionals who don’t have kids and still want to go out and be social ,but aren’t into the college scene anymore. Places like Denver and Portland. I know San Jose is not one of these places, but I want to know what others in my position do for Halloween. Do you go to friends parties? Are there other bars that you know of that are fun to go to on Halloween. It’s still fun to dress-up. A friend told me that she goes on this trolley ride in San Fran that takes you to different bars, has anyone ever done that? I don’t know how extensive I want to get with the planning and staying at a hotel or any of that. I’m thinking I’m going to dress-up any way and just sit on my couch drinking beer and pretend to have fun… Oh yeah the Brookdale lodge is doing “something” has anyone ever been there before? I have driven by it and it looks kinda hokey? I guess the fun is all down hill from here…

Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Oh yeah the Brookdale lodge is doing “something” has anyone ever been there before? I have driven by it and it looks kinda hokey?
Not just hokey - downright scary these days. Half of it burned down about a month or two ago, the part that was housing all the area crack fiends. Avoid the place until the evil owners are replaced.

If you want haunted for Halloween, there's always the midnight flashlight tours at Winchester Mystery House. But unless you know somebody doing a house party in SJ, SF is usually the plan for Halloween. (Unless they have an interesting event in Half Moon Bay)

Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Thanks bigdumbgod for the honest feedback.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
I too am looking for something to do on Halloween week in the bay area. I have a 19 year old with me so looking for something under 21 and over 12. Anyone have any ideas? I am striking out on the web other than the Winchester house flashlight tour. What do the college kids do before they turn 21? I am sure the neighborhood trick or treating is passe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose