Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM

25 posts, read 81,144 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I've spoken with a few of our professionals on this forum about licensing information, questions, etc. However, I still have more questions!

1. I am in Ohio and am considering taking the 63 hour pre-licensing real estate courses from an online school (Ed Klopfer School --- thanks for the info on this school SoFLGal) to eliminate costs of traveling to Florida over my holiday break from college. Question 1 is: Once I pass the course, what is the next step I would take to get approved to sit for the Florida Real Estate Exam?

2. After passing the test, how long does it take the state to approve you are eligible to take the state exam? (I've read that it could take up to a year??)

3. In Ohio, you need a broker sponsor to sit for the state exam -- is that the same case in Florida? And how hard is it to get a broker to sponsor you? And how would you recommend I go about doing this?

I'd like to have my RE License and CAM License before I make the move to Florida next June. I'll have a degree in Finance and feel that it would be "easier" (in theory) to find a job if I were to have both licenses and my degree.

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,934,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
Hi all,

I've spoken with a few of our professionals on this forum about licensing information, questions, etc. However, I still have more questions!

1. I am in Ohio and am considering taking the 63 hour pre-licensing real estate courses from an online school (Ed Klopfer School --- thanks for the info on this school SoFLGal) to eliminate costs of traveling to Florida over my holiday break from college. Question 1 is: Once I pass the course, what is the next step I would take to get approved to sit for the Florida Real Estate Exam?

2. After passing the test, how long does it take the state to approve you are eligible to take the state exam? (I've read that it could take up to a year??)

3. In Ohio, you need a broker sponsor to sit for the state exam -- is that the same case in Florida? And how hard is it to get a broker to sponsor you? And how would you recommend I go about doing this?

I'd like to have my RE License and CAM License before I make the move to Florida next June. I'll have a degree in Finance and feel that it would be "easier" (in theory) to find a job if I were to have both licenses and my degree.

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback!!
Hi Red,

You would pass the RE course and then the exam. Then you take the certificate from the course that you passed and bring that with you to sit for your state exam. Of, course you would want to study for the exam as well. You will know immediately after you take your test is you have passed or failed the test.

If you pass they just give you a piece of paper that indicates that and I've heard that if you fail, the sheet says what you need to work on. I believe the passing scores are then sent up to the state of FL to process.

Usually you will have to wait for a month or two to actually get your paper license. Depends on how busy they are. I have a new agent that passed his state exam about a month ago and does not have his paper license yet.

You would be required to work under a broker once you have passed your test.

I would suggest calling up Ed Klopfer School up and having a short chat with them. They are usually extremely helpful with questions, etc.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hi Red,

You would pass the RE course and then the exam. Then you take the certificate from the course that you passed and bring that with you to sit for your state exam. Of, course you would want to study for the exam as well. You will know immediately after you take your test is you have passed or failed the test.

If you pass they just give you a piece of paper that indicates that and I've heard that if you fail, the sheet says what you need to work on. I believe the passing scores are then sent up to the state of FL to process.

Usually you will have to wait for a month or two to actually get your paper license. Depends on how busy they are. I have a new agent that passed his state exam about a month ago and does not have his paper license yet.

You would be required to work under a broker once you have passed your test.

I would suggest calling up Ed Klopfer School up and having a short chat with them. They are usually extremely helpful with questions, etc.
Thank you for your quick response and helpful info!

SoFLGal (or anyone else with knowledge on this matter),

What have you heard about the course offered through the University of Florida? They have an online program as well and I am torn between that and Ed Klopfer...

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 AM

19 posts, read 44,089 times
Default U of F

Mr. Red,

If you take the real estate courses at U of F and receive a degree in Real Estate, you skip over the requirement to work for a broker for two years and are a broker immediately.

If you go the regular route, you can take the test pretty quickly after completing the 63 hour course. I have a new agent who took the state test within a week of completing the course. If you pass, when you leave the testing center you are an agent. You can then sign on with a broker and start working.

I plan to retire in about 5 yrs and I am looking for young people to take over my company. Let's talk.

jim@suncoasteam.com

Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoasteam View Post
Mr. Red,

If you take the real estate courses at U of F and receive a degree in Real Estate, you skip over the requirement to work for a broker for two years and are a broker immediately.

If you go the regular route, you can take the test pretty quickly after completing the 63 hour course. I have a new agent who took the state test within a week of completing the course. If you pass, when you leave the testing center you are an agent. You can then sign on with a broker and start working.

I plan to retire in about 5 yrs and I am looking for young people to take over my company. Let's talk.

jim@suncoasteam.com
Thank you very much for your advice!

I also sent you an email.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Hey all. I am hoping to make a decision on a real estate pre-licensing course this week.

What do people know or have to say about the following schools (I am taking the courses online):

Bob Hogue School of Real Estate

Cooke School

Ed Klopfer School

University of Florida online program

Any input would be helpful!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Hey all. I am hoping to make a decision on a real estate pre-licensing course this week.

What do people know or have to say about the following schools (I am taking the courses online):

Bob Hogue School of Real Estate

Cooke School

Ed Klopfer School

University of Florida online program

Any input would be helpful!
I'll put my vote in for Ed Klopfer. Took the in class course and passed it the first time

Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I talked to people at all of the locations and decided that Cooke Real Estate School was the best option for me. I just enrolled in my classes and am very excited to get started!

Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I talked to people at all of the locations and decided that Cooke Real Estate School was the best option for me. I just enrolled in my classes and am very excited to get started!

Thanks again!
Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll do well

Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,097,226 times
Quote:

Thanks again!
Good Luck! Drop back and let us know how you do.
How long are the courses supposed to last, and are you doing it all on-line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area