Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:33 AM

425 posts, read 1,105,233 times

Advertisements

the DH flies down tomorrow night for a week of sun and fun
I unfortunetly will be up here in Ct with the doggies working and waiting for spring to come
OMW thanks again for being so kind and cant wait to get down there to go birding with you and the Mrs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 AM

97 posts, read 275,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
I use Sony gear. When the body I have dies I will be upgrading to Canon. I have nothing against Nikon, I just hate the attitude that most Nikon users adopt as time goes on. They are not Nikonians for nothing

Great shots Old Man Winter I am a Canon girl myself. Hope to see you one day at the rookery. I am moving "for good" to my house in Venice in under 3 weeks!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:32 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiTiki View Post
Great shots Old Man Winter I am a Canon girl myself. Hope to see you one day at the rookery. I am moving "for good" to my house in Venice in under 3 weeks!
Just be careful at the rookery at night if you are alone. Last few weeks there is an intoxicated homeless guy hanging out there. I think he is harmless but you never know.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,219 times
Beautiful shots, OMW! The Rookery is a great place, and you took some great shots.
Makes me miss Sarasota even more - been away almost a week, and all I'm seeing here are Canadian Geese & an occasional duck.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:50 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Coach, Thanks so much.

Dear Grandmallie, I ordered your 8x10 just now. I had the lab use pro quality metallic paper for you. Kat and I covered the lab and shipping so it is no cost to you. You should have it in 6-8 days, the lab will not ship until the color is proofed. On your invoice I used my cell number so if there is an issue the lab will contact me, feel free to call or email me when you get it. I really hope you enjoy it. This is the print I ordered for you since I was unclear as to what you liked. I hope I picked a good one.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

PS the lab will be shipping it to you directly up north

Old 04-20-2011, 08:38 PM

493 posts, read 1,387,009 times
OMW, I think we need to take you with us fishing so we (me when I get there!) can get more pics for the Fishing Charlotte Harbor thread! You rock dude!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,693 times
My hubby, OMW, got some fantastic shots from the Rookery this past trip there. Unfortunately, I didn't have as great a shoot as him. Had a few dozen things on my mind, so only one came out half way acceptable to me. So here it is....

Old 04-21-2011, 04:13 AM

425 posts, read 1,105,233 times
Default Wow

I think that is the one I picked left a comment under that one I think!!!!I will have to take a picture of the pictures I have here framed in my bedroom, ya'll would laugh.It looks like a bird sanctuary and a beach got into a tussle
I have at least 8 framed photo's of herons,my daughter about 8 yrs ago drew me one for my birthday, my son bought me a antique paged one, and a friend who does pen and ink has done one for me
on top of that I have 6 antique posters that have all sorts of birds on them all framed , my SIL bought me a heron clock and I have a clock with birds that chimes with the different bird calls on the hour..
Does that sound like im a little obsessed?
Almost every pair of earrings I own are heron earrings and I have a jacket with herons on it!!!!
I know there is such a thing as crazy cat ladies, so I guess im the crazy heron lady
but thats ok, ill take it

Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 AM

164 posts, read 356,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
My hubby, OMW, got some fantastic shots from the Rookery this past trip there. Unfortunately, I didn't have as great a shoot as him. Had a few dozen things on my mind, so only one came out half way acceptable to me. So here it is....

That photo is way more than just "half way acceptable"...it is awesome! You guys are quite a team!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM

97 posts, read 275,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Just be careful at the rookery at night if you are alone. Last few weeks there is an intoxicated homeless guy hanging out there. I think he is harmless but you never know.
No worries about going to the rookery at night. Never have. Once I get a nice lens (say in the 300+ range) I will be shooting there at morning and dusk. Love that spot (especially at dusk) "in season" looking like its covered in snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area