Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Did anyone catch the lastest show about Bang for the Buck--compare three homes in same/near area for remodeling work and get input as to which house got the most "bang" for money spent

the latest show was set in Sarasota for kitchen remodels--did not get to finish watching it yet--
the first was spectacular kitchen remodel in older home in Sarasota neighborhood close to downtown from what I remember
I think it is probably available on Hulu or On-demand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
I love that show! It is so interesting to see how people have spent their money. Many times, they spend obscene amounts on things like digital high-tech showers (or whatever) that I can't imagine would bring a good ROI. I do question the amounts that the experts decide in the end. Somehow, they always end up getting 85 or 90% back, and I sometimes think that seems unrealistic.

I have not seen the show in months. I would LOVE to see the Sarasota episode, especially since my kitchen renovation is starting in two days.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 AM

the designers who are hosting on the new shows are not people I recognize--they used to have Vern Yip and Candace and more headliners--now I at least have no clue who the person giving the design insight is---and much of the time I think they are just going with what is scripted comments to get the homeowners to react with outrage--
the local RE person sometimes seems to be just a shill mimicking whatever the designer says--
this show had a RE person who basically said she could sell pretty much everything that the 3 owners had done--ecxcept a built-in glass dining table> She thought that item was something most buyers would not want to be trapped with althought I could see the design logic behind that choice...

sometimes the show replays the bang for the buck episodes--but this taped when we were out of town and don't really remember the actual play day--
if you have on-demand feature you can get some of the HGTV shows from there or maybe off Hulu

I enjoyed seeing some older neighborhoods because those are ones that people mention on the Forum when they recommend areas for people wanting to move into Sarasota proper and have less expensive home choice but still viable area

Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
It will be on again in August according to the website:
Three Kitchen Expansions in Sarasota : Bang for Your Buck : Home & Garden Television

Old 07-25-2011, 03:20 PM

thanks for posting that link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area