Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:06 AM

77 posts, read 104,823 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
Can anyone suggest a nice sort of 'working vacation' hotel for a single person to stay while house hunting? I see a place right on Venice beach which looks nice.. or even just a courtyard or anything clean, quiet, but the better the location the more enjoyable it will be.
Thanks anyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,107,647 times
I liked the Best Western at the intersection of the Trail and Stickney Point. It is very close to the key without being on the key. It is clean, quiet, and has a nice breakfast buffet--more upscale than the typical Best Western. Not terribly expensive. I think it was about $105 when we stayed there, not in season. The Trail and Stickney Point Road is sort of the center of the south end of Sarasota. Stickney Point turns into Clark Road which is one of the exits from I 75. Big shopping center at that intersection, lots of restaurants. It would be a convenient location if you are looking at both Sarasota and Venice.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM

thank you so much for the suggestion! I know the area, but not the hotel. Thanks! any suggestions for into venice? Are the hotels there not so nice?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,192,327 times
We stayed at the Ramada Inn on 41 in Venice when we came down to buy our house. It was recently redone (2013) and has a nice pool. Not too far from Venice Ave beach.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Thankyou!

Old 04-13-2015, 05:46 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,932,345 times
I just had clients on this board stay at Inn on the Beach in Venice. They seemed to like it quite a bit. I also had another client stay at Sunshine Motel. I went in the room when I wrote the contract and it seemed very "old Florida" like 1950 style. I guess it would depend on price and your preference.

I'll answer the rest of your email privately, I just got in

Last edited by SoFLGal; 04-13-2015 at 06:00 PM..

Old 04-13-2015, 05:55 PM

27 posts, read 68,841 times
We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Venice a couple times before we bought furniture for our condo. It was very clean and spacious (one bedroom suite with kitchen and living area for under $150.00), breakfast and wifi are included. It has a nice pool area. The staff was friendly and it was located in a great spot with easy access to all of Venice as well as a quick trip to Sarasota.

During one stay there was a large equestrian show in the area and many of the riders were staying there. The hotel put out large bowls with giant carrots and apples for the riders to take to the horses. I thought that was such a nice touch.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:58 PM

Thanks again so great to get these personal stories!

Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Hampton Inn in Venice is excellent and is in a central location. Nice parking, great area.

There are 3 newer hotels at the intersection of I-75 and Jacaranda. They are all nice and it's a great location with Cracker Barrel walking distance from 2 of them.

They are: Best Western Plus, Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn(not walking distance to Cracker Barrel). They are approx 10-15 minutes from the gulf but still a great location. There are several hiking areas/nature areas on the other side of I-75, a few minutes away from these hotels.

Inn at the Beach in Venice is across the street from Venice Beach. Awesome location because you walk a few hundred feet and you are at the beach. The place appears to be well kept. Downtown Venice shops are a few blocks away and are good places to eat/shop/stroll and there's a very nice farmers marker there on Saturday mornings. Not a lot of parking at Inn at the Beach - seems only a few spots. I don't know if they assign spots there but rarely is there an empty spot. The other hotels above are newer and on larger lots so they have larger parking lots.

If you're going to be in Venice most days, it doesn't make sense to stay in Sarasota because you'll be spending too much time to travel between Sarasota and Venice. I think the only reason Cardiff suggested Sarasota is because she's from Sarasota and doesn't know the Venice area as well.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:36 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,107,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think the only reason Cardiff suggested Sarasota is because she's from Sarasota and doesn't know the Venice area as well.
Actually I posted a hotel in Sarasota because the title of the thread was "where to stay in Sarasota-Venice while house hunting".

But the posts do make it sound like OP is only interested in Venice. The Venice suggestions sound wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area