Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,348,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mag View Post
we ate at zante's as well food was done to perfection and found the prices reasonable as well, another point is our chicago greektown will give your baltimore greektown a run for your money (lol)
I got the distinct impression the folks at Zante's were from Chicago (the posters of Chicago dogs, prohibiting the use of ketchup by adults), so you might have a point.

It really was a good find. I just hope they can survive in this crappy economy. I was very sorry to see that Paris To Budapest had closed. I know it's a tough business right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,136,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I got the distinct impression the folks at Zante's were from Chicago (the posters of Chicago dogs, prohibiting the use of ketchup by adults), so you might have a point.

It really was a good find. I just hope they can survive in this crappy economy. I was very sorry to see that Paris To Budapest had closed. I know it's a tough business right now.
I thought they told me Iowa?

Anyway, had pizza and a salad tonight at Il Panifico on the corner of Gateway and Gulf Gate and it was REALLY good. The place was pretty busy and love how all the doors open for indoor outdoor dining.

We split a pepperoni and it was very very thin crisp crust, great sauce, and spicey pepperoni.

Pretty cheap and very clean. I reccommend this one highly.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I thought they told me Iowa?

Anyway, had pizza and a salad tonight at Il Panifico on the corner of Gateway and Gulf Gate and it was REALLY good. The place was pretty busy and love how all the doors open for indoor outdoor dining.

We split a pepperoni and it was very very thin crisp crust, great sauce, and spicey pepperoni.

Pretty cheap and very clean. I reccommend this one highly.
Yes, they do a decent thin crust pizza (don't order by the slice), and it's true, the room has a nice open feel to it, and it is family-friendly.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Yes, they do a decent thin crust pizza (don't order by the slice), and it's true, the room has a nice open feel to it, and it is family-friendly.

Trying to make my way around Gulf Gate! The only problem is that reuben keeps calling my name and I cannot get away from Ham Heaven Devil Dogs.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Trying to make my way around Gulf Gate! The only problem is that reuben keeps calling my name and I cannot get away from Ham Heaven Devil Dogs.
Yeah, but if you keep heeding that call, the next thing that will be calling your name will be this:

Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Had to bump this thread to heap huge praise upon Ooh La La French Bakery in Gulf Gate.

Just had a Croque Monsieur (ham, swiss, bechamel on a croissant) and my wife had a prosciutto and brie baguette. We got several pastries.

WOW. The nicest people, super-clean place, AWESOME food.

Go now.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:46 PM

279 posts, read 578,470 times
I went to Ooh La La French Bakery for the first time last week and brought home some pastries. Pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face behind the counter and learn the shop is owned by one of my son's classmate's family. The pastries were great and I was thrilled to find a shop open on sunday morning!

I was actually over there to stop by that small-batch bakery that was recommended (i think by you) but it was closed, along with every other shop besides Ooh la la!

I agree with Rushmore, go now!

Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 PM

Yes, they have a great brie and smoked salmon baguette!

Ate at the Thai place on Gulf Gate between Maks and Small Batch and it was pretty good.

Ate again a couple of weeks ago at 421 Munchies and my original assessment holds up, a great place to order from if you've just smoked a pound of weed

Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Yes, they have a great brie and smoked salmon baguette!

Ate at the Thai place on Gulf Gate between Maks and Small Batch and it was pretty good.

Ate again a couple of weeks ago at 421 Munchies and my original assessment holds up, a great place to order from if you've just smoked a pound of weed
Just had the salmon and brie baguette. That is $7.50 WELL SPENT, I assure you!

The almond croissant was just me piling on. Dietary concerns seem to leave me when I walk into the place.

NAPTIME.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM

OMG OMG OMG! Just finished inhaling a black and white cookie and a piece of carrot cake (sinful, light and fluffy) from Paisanos on Stickney Point! Not in Gulf Gate directly but the shopping center is Gulf Gate Shopping or something with the name on it.

I've got to stop this. Five mile run in the morning.

Oh yes and Burritos Mexican Grill was outstanding Mexican.

I'd skip Ichiban all you can eat sushi. While it wasn't bad at all, when you only pay $20 for all you can eat sushi, you are going to eat all you can eat sushi.

Paisano's Italian Bakery

MEXICAN RESTAURANT SARASOTA | BEST MEXICAN FOOD | COUPONS | MENU | DELIVERY Burritos Mexican Grill | Locals Favorite Mexican Grill

Walked into the Peruvian restaurant to get a togo menu and almost passed out it smelled so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area