Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiaxaba View Post
Thanks everyone.. Great recommendations, and I contacted some of these stores to get started.
Im being quoted around $3.00 per sf (installation only). Is that the average?
That's probably average for a good installer, especially if they are providing the materials to lay it with. Also, it will depend on the type of tile and pattern they are laying. Do not skimp on a good installer! You want the job done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM

157 posts, read 389,454 times
I second that, if you want to come around and see his work, you are more than welcome. I had another tiler that did the bathrooms and I was not happy with the job, everytime I go into the bathroom I feel like I'm on a cruise, because the tiles are all over the place!!!!!!!! and dennis was cheaper than the bathroom guy!!!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 795 times
I would highly recommend Sarasota Tile and Marble on Stickney Pt Rd. They have a very large showroom with huge selection. There prices are very reasonable and they install too. They were actually less expesive than Wholesale Tile.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:17 PM

287 posts, read 300,127 times
As a licensed contractor, I get a call about every week from folks with "tenting" tiles. This is when tile is laid directly on concrete with no uncoupling membrane and disregard for concrete control joints. The concrete and the tile have an argument, and the tile loses every single time. If they don't make a big "pop" and look like the pyramids, they get hairline cracks several feet long through several tiles.

With the exception of complete replacement, there is no cure. Oh, sure, I can relay replacement tile if you can find a match. I don't guarantee the tile I replace from the moment my truck leaves your driveway. How do I know when your concrete is gonna have another hissy fit?

Go ahead. Get Pedro and his $2.00-a-foot job. You'll be calling me soon enough. I get about $100.00 per tile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area