Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,516 times

Advertisements

This is a email I sent to City Commissioners this morning. I'm pissed and feel betrayed !!

Dear Elected Leader;

I live on one of you’re your cow trails you call a road here in North Port. I pay taxes for city water which I don’t have. I pay taxes for sewer which I don’t have. I received a letter yesterday telling me your going to raise my taxes and in addition may raise them for this assessment by up to 10% a year.

You also threatened that not paying may result in loss of title. This is the first I’ve heard of this new tax .. and yet you include those bullying remarks of losing my home ? Unbelievable and insulting.

I have an idea .. instead of raping your citizens .. why not just stop wasting taxpayer money? Are you ever going to be finished beautifying the area around your precious city hall ? All the concrete fake interlocking bricks ..all the unnecessary pretty little street lights? I have no street lights on my road. All the beautiful planters and plants ,trees, shrubs? Ponds , irrigation, Perhaps sell a few of the 60 police cars I always see parked in the police parking lot and everywhere around town …empty.

The value of my crap home on my crappy cow trail road has fallen from $211,000 to $92,000 . That’s 56% in case you can’t do the math. Yet my taxes haven’t gone down 56%.

You people are elected officials , and need to STOP all this needless spending around your pretty little town hall if you need extra $$ . Not by raising taxes so you can continue to beatify “ your” pretty little town hall area.

It’s hard enough for me to eke out a living these days without having to worry about higher taxes simply because my elected officials spend money like it’s free.

What irritates me most is the fact that you would have the audacity to threaten me losing my home in the first piece of correspondence in this matter. Also to note … interesting this was sent out AFTER the local vote. Seems a little bit sneaky or even dishonest to me.

Regards;
Voting Citizen

Anyone else recieve one of these letters ... and if you did ... what are your thoughts on this matter .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 07:12 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,137 times
I received that same letter yesterday. I have to agree on most of your points. A street light would sure be nice, a convience most people have but we don't. Our streets are ok and as for the water and sewage, we don't have that either and I don't WANT it but do get pissed about paying tax on it that is for sure.

Maybe a lot of us need to copy your letter and send it on too, personalizing it for each. I also resent paying for mosquito spraying, have never seen anyone do that in our area.

For the most part I love North Port but things are on the extreme at times. I also want to know HOW do they put out fires when we have NO hydrants? That has been puzzling me for quite some time.

Oh, did you need a permit to send that letter?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,516 times
No permit necessary ... LOL.

My wife suggested the same as you .. have people submit emails similar to the one I sent ... with slight changes for their specific situation.

Also to go around our neighborhood with copies of the email to make them aware, and perhaps encourage them to get involved ... especially Sept. 6th at the public hearing.

Do you think during their election campaigns that they ran on RAISING TAX's .. I think not .

By the way ... I haven't received a response from any of the commissioners. Below is the email address that sends an email to ALL of them at one time. The one I used.

commissioners@cityofnorthport.com

Thank you for responding to my post , gives me some hope that at least someone is paying attention .

Regards;

Fade

P.S. Good point about fire hydrants ... hadn't even thought of that !!!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 AM

Thank you for the email address. I'll be sending a letter myself. It's really time that we all make them a tad accountable for what we pay for.

Like I said before, I like North Port and I'm very happy here but for the services we do not receive we shouldn't be paying MORE.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
good reason for not moving into an incorporated area down here. north port, venice, sarasota. they all have their own cops and local depts but all that comes at a cost. just another layer of govt that needs to justify their existence.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM

697 posts, read 1,169,785 times
Can someone explain why a person on septic and well would be expected to pay a water & sewer tax?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM

Wow..never got a response?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 PM

It's one of the great mysteries. No one knows!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Ah..it's one of those...maybe we'll see an episode on Ancient Aliens or America unearthed to explain it.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Now you understand!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area