Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mag View Post
as I said in an earlier post go to Lesco and buy the product CROSSCHECK put it down heavy and reapply every 3 months have never had a problem no cinch no mole crickets no moles,no snakes,no fire ants its like 20.00 a bag for 22lbs
I will do so, but for now, I have to either "bring back the lawn" or replace the thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,749 times
So have you decided what to do about your yard??

Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
So have you decided what to do about your yard??
I am watering extra, keeping an eye on it, wondering how bad it will look with some Bermuda coming through.

Then maybe some plugs for the time being.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:59 AM

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes! I did plant some plugs around the yard earlier in the year and they have filled in nicely. It takes some time but it does work.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes! I did plant some plugs around the yard earlier in the year and they have filled in nicely. It takes some time but it does work.
I assume this is what I will end up doing, as soon as I see how much of the yard comes back.

The other thing is to make sure it is kept cut, because it looks about ten times worse when it gets long.

But no way was I investing $1500 in my stupid yard right now. No chance.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 AM

219 posts, read 677,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I assume this is what I will end up doing, as soon as I see how much of the yard comes back.

The other thing is to make sure it is kept cut, because it looks about ten times worse when it gets long.

But no way was I investing $1500 in my stupid yard right now. No chance.
i found the plugs work best if planted in march just my op,did you get the crosscheck for the bugs you can't trust turfmasters or tru green they always have an excuse for your problems i remember having them and they put down insect killer but i still had fireants they told me that was an extra charge,that's when i fired them and found out they buy there products but don't use full strength. I used the crosscheck like i said in an earlier post full strength and no more anything. I also buy milorganite it's what they use on golf courses,it is safe to use anytime and it doesn't burn you can put it on your plants and bushes but you'll see it in about a day how green your lawn gets,you don't have to water it in either

Old 10-06-2012, 08:48 AM

Here's what happened:

My yard guy referred me to a guy he knows and trusts. Guy comes out and says it's dead, not coming back--5 pallets plus installation about $1500.

So I sense something's not right.

So I call Don Newberry, recommended in this thread, and he comes out and says "That's crazy. Don't touch it. Water it and fertilize it and call me if you want work you actually NEED."

How cool is that?

Trugreen guy comes out and says he's on the case everything looks like it's already coming back a little, might do some plugs in a few months, but just make sure and water.

So, well, there's that.

If you need a landscaping guy you can trust, I can definitively recommend Don Newberry to be honest.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Really glad that you liked Don, he is such an HONEST stand up guy. When he came and put in the sod after our pool was done he did something that saved us TONS. He knew the inspectors wouldn't accept the "bare land" that was around the edge of our property but NOT OUR property so he went and raked up pine needles and covered that entire area with them. Inspector signed it off with no problem. If I ever need work again he's the one I'll call too.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 PM

6 posts, read 9,710 times
Unless you live in a deed restricted community, just get some ground cover. Perennial peanut or sunshine mimosa are nice.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM

222 posts, read 855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mag View Post
i found the plugs work best if planted in march just my op,did you get the crosscheck for the bugs you can't trust turfmasters or tru green they always have an excuse for your problems i remember having them and they put down insect killer but i still had fireants they told me that was an extra charge,that's when i fired them and found out they buy there products but don't use full strength. I used the crosscheck like i said in an earlier post full strength and no more anything. I also buy milorganite it's what they use on golf courses,it is safe to use anytime and it doesn't burn you can put it on your plants and bushes but you'll see it in about a day how green your lawn gets,you don't have to water it in either
Does the milorganite work on weeds?

If not what do you use?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area