Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Garcia View Post
I was wondering if areas like Anna Maria and Siesta Key and Long Boat Key are still good places to live in or move to. Or would central Florida or the Florida pan handle be a better choice?
The cost of housing in the panhandle is way lower than other areas of the state, but you can get the top of the line homes for 1/2 of the cost Sarasota (Destin is a excellent example). Education is in the top 10 of the state (Santa Rosa County and Okaloossa) and crime is lower than central and south Florida.

If interested in this area, define your needs and the forum members from the NW Florida can give replies to your questions. Also, we have posted many threads that relate to this location, do a search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM

29 posts, read 58,182 times
Default Things here are whatever you think they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunoAqua View Post
Thanks for the advice, you all gave good answers even though it breaks my heart. How are all the other people in this area surviving?? I guess the only way I would come down is if I got a job, but to quit my job here and go down cold would not be a good idea I guess. Thanks God Bless
It is true that jobs are not great here but most of the good ones do not make it to the newspaper. The best thing here is to own your own business.
I would come here, get a job, rent for a while and then make up your mind. You seem unhappy where you are. The sunny winters will do wonders for your disposition as you watch the northern weather reports.
Be prepared to sweat a little in the summer.

This story may help you.

There was a man who was traveling in the old days and as he approached the gates of a small town he asked an elder sitting there "What are the people like who live here?"
The elder replied "What were they like where you are from?"
The traveler replied "They were a hard lot, mean and ornery who wouldn't help friend or family."
The elder replied "Well move on friend they're just like that here."

Soon another you man came along and asked "Mr., what are the folks like here?"
The elder replied "What were they like where you are from?"
The young man replied "They were kind, loving, the type of folks always ready to help a friend in need."
The elder replied "Well welcome home, friend they're just like that here!"

You can make things here whatever you want them to be.

P.S. If you make it to the Sarasota area be sure and visit the Church of Hope.

Last edited by darrylvk; 11-07-2007 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Bold a line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area