Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:41 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,656,409 times

Advertisements

Weston, or Davie, in South Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 06:45 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,108,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
I am sure you have done your research on Weston and Davie. Of the pros and cons you listed for Sarasota, which ones are you expecting the greatest improvement in when you move?

Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,121,164 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? Out of all the things you wrote of what you dislike in Sarasota, times it by ten for Weston or Davie.

Bad drivers? How about adding in illegal aliens who have only driven on some small island somewhere and drivers from the NYC Metro TriState area who only drive 95 on 95.

Lawsy honey.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,551 times
Default living on the west coast of florida

Growing up in Bradenton-Sarasota I have seen a lot of changes. This place has become very angry with more road rage and hate then any small city area I have been too. The majority of the people here come from the ghetto states of OHIO and MICHIGAN, and that is the main core of crime people. You will get really sick of hearing and seeing these two states plates and telling you how wonderful these two lowest rated places in the U.S are. If we could just send them all home Florida would be the quiet and safe place it used to be.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 AM

17,546 posts, read 39,171,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Are you kidding? Out of all the things you wrote of what you dislike in Sarasota, times it by ten for Weston or Davie.

Bad drivers? How about adding in illegal aliens who have only driven on some small island somewhere and drivers from the NYC Metro TriState area who only drive 95 on 95.

Lawsy honey.
Agree and repped!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,656,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Lawsy honey.
No, the schools are much better, you are by two major cities, a major arena, and two huge malls, from what I have seen, and heard people are not as nasty as here, Yes the people can't drive, but that is a trade off, both Weston, and Davie have lower crime rates than Sarasota or Bradenton, and there are large amounts of good restaurants.
BTW-You know that some people might take offense to the second paragraph.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:49 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,121,164 times
Quote:
No, the schools are much better, you are by two major cities, a major arena, and two huge malls, from what I have seen, and heard people are not as nasty as here, Yes the people can't drive, but that is a trade off, both Weston, and Davie have lower crime rates than Sarasota or Bradenton, and there are large amounts of good restaurants.
BTW-You know that some people might take offense to the second paragraph.
Why would anyone take offense to the second paragraph when it's true? Do you realize the massive amounts of illegal aliens in South Florida? They have killing sprees that don't make the national news. Google Hialeah massacre and see what you come up with.

Just by that statement alone you have absolutely no idea what you are in for. Weston and Davie are not culinary destinations unless you are a big fan of Chilis and Outback Steakhouse (of which there is nothing wrong with). You just have zero clue about Weston and Davie.

Good luck over there but if you hate it here, you are in big trouble. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Fort Lauderdale but you just need to understand what you are in for.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:43 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,108,018 times
I am interested in your statement that schools are better and crime is lower there. I am curious why that would be. I was under the impression that schools were uniformly bad in Florida. Why would they be better there?

Having lived in an area with a high number of Hispanic illegal aliens it has not been my belief that illegal aliens create crime. Of course there are criminals in every group, but my experience has been that Hispanic immigrants are hard working and family oriented and law abiding. Most of the immigrants in our area are from Mexico and Guatamalia, so maybe it is different there.

Therefore I don't believe aliens drive up crime, but I do believe large numbers of children from families who are not native English speakers create education challenges. If this is an area with a large immigrant population, how could the schools be better?

Can anyone else weigh in on why crime would be lower there and education better than in Sarasota?

Old 08-04-2013, 02:03 PM

17,546 posts, read 39,171,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
I am interested in your statement that schools are better and crime is lower there. I am curious why that would be. I was under the impression that schools were uniformly bad in Florida. Why would they be better there?

Having lived in an area with a high number of Hispanic illegal aliens it has not been my belief that illegal aliens create crime. Of course there are criminals in every group, but my experience has been that Hispanic immigrants are hard working and family oriented and law abiding. Most of the immigrants in our area are from Mexico and Guatamalia, so maybe it is different there.

Therefore I don't believe aliens drive up crime, but I do believe large numbers of children from families who are not native English speakers create education challenges. If this is an area with a large immigrant population, how could the schools be better?

Can anyone else weigh in on why crime would be lower there and education better than in Sarasota?
It's not.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM

33 posts, read 75,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post

Cardiff by the Sea - I second your comment regarding Hispanic immigrants as being hard-working!! There is no other population who appears to be more grateful to have the opportunity to work in the USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area