Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:13 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,440 times

Advertisements

Sadly, the world is full of a$$holes like this & I would have been as irritated as you. However, I realize that nothing you can say to someone like this will change how they are. So I just remind myself that their lives must suck to be so rude & nasty & try to not let it ruin my mood. (all the while possibly using a few choice words under my breath)

Karma usually catches up to people who act this way- sometimes on a small level & sometimes on a grander scale. I truly believe you get what you give in life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 03:17 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
I would have shot them and claimed "Standing Your Ground". Seriously, if this is that big of a problem, you have a charmed life.
And you would have gone to prison for violating the guns on school grounds law on the federal and state level. Federal mandatory minimum of 5 years. Have fun with that one, visit your kids again when they are teenagers.

Not only that, the state would sentence you, and the feds would then give you additional time. It isnt double jeopardy for different jurisdictions.

Anyhow, I was hoping this thread was about people picking up hot moms on school grounds (re pickup line @ school). Sad to see it turned into shoot people for taking a spot in line.

Quite frankly, we werent there to see how much of a jerk this person was. If theres an open spot in a line, and the cars arent compacting themselves, what did that person do wrong for taking an empty spot?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
And you would have gone to prison for violating the guns on school grounds law on the federal and state level. Federal mandatory minimum of 5 years. Have fun with that one, visit your kids again when they are teenagers.

Not only that, the state would sentence you, and the feds would then give you additional time. It isnt double jeopardy for different jurisdictions.

Anyhow, I was hoping this thread was about people picking up hot moms on school grounds (re pickup line @ school). Sad to see it turned into shoot people for taking a spot in line.

Quite frankly, we werent there to see how much of a jerk this person was. If theres an open spot in a line, and the cars arent compacting themselves, what did that person do wrong for taking an empty spot?
Well, it's like waiting in line at the supermarket. Is it ok to push in-line if someone leaves a big space between their cart and the person in front?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:33 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
In this age, the best 'punishment' is to film them doing it and post it all over the internet, with as much information as to who they are as possible.

Tomorrow on the pick up line, have your phone handy!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM

17,311 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Let it go......Bigger things to worry about, next time don't leave a big gap in front of you!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:32 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
Sounds like something that would happen in nj or NY. Haven't seen much of that ignorant behavior since we have been down here. Must be a recent transplant. I would have walked up and tapped on the window and said do you realize you just jumped on front of everyone that was patiently waiting? Then walked away. The stand your ground talk is just plain stupid and a mockery of the law as it is meant. While a holes are not as prevelant here as up north, they still are around.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:24 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,000,708 times
I would have been annoyed as hell, but wouldn't have said anything. They knew exactly what they were doing. Anyone that would be so inconsiderate, isn't going to move because you came to their window. They knew full well the whole line saw them do it and didn't care. They're the same people that probably have a gun in their glove box.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:59 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Well - I later found out from another person in the car line that there is this weird person that gets in line and refuses to move their car to fill up the gap - it just gets weirder and weirder -

I have been pretty lucky - these are the first really rude people I have met in FLA - in Jersey the lady would probably gotten out of the car to wrestle with me - LOL

Old 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
Although this would've ticked me off and I definitely would have said something to them as well, you actually called the principal??? Come on, the principal??? Is the principal supposed to now have someone stand guard as pick-up line police to prevent this from happening again? I'm sure he/she has MUCH bigger problems & issues to deal with than an inconsiderate parent skipping the line.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:21 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I would have stayed in my car but I do see this as a safety issue if the children had been coming out. A school I know of had a parent pass other cars, ran over a child and killed it. The members of the PTA got in front of the school with a video camera and showed it at the next meeting with some prize words about child safety. Sometimes people in a hurry just don't think. They may have had some place they needed to be. Is your schedule so tight that you were made to be late to soccer or dance lessons? There is always a reason for actions but sometimes it is just rudeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area