Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,490,118 times

Advertisements

Hello there. Are there any elementary schools there for the visual and performing arts?? Possible relocating and my daughter is in a school like that here in Baton Rouge, La and we love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,599 times
The Julie Rohr Academy is a private school you would most likely be interested in. I am unsure of what public schools at the elementary level that have strong programs in those areas. With the budget crisis all sorts of programs are disappearing.

JRA: Julie Rohr Academy

Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Booker has a fantastic performing arts program, unfortunately is has a very low grade from the state.

I would also recommend you check out Julie Rohr. I don't have any personal experience with the school but I have heard good things about it.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM

thanks to you both for your replies! Will check it out!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:04 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times
Manatee school of the arts is supposed to be great. This is a public school.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Manatee school of the arts is supposed to be great. This is a public school.
MSA is a pretty good school (both of my sons attend), but they don't start until Middle School.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM

74 posts, read 255,755 times
What about Rowlett Magnet school? It is the #1 choice elementary school in Manatee county. My son just got in for 2nd grade. Check out their website!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM

thanks for all the advice. We used to live in Ft Myers, but moved to Baton Rouge. We love it here, but miss family in Florida-they are in Cape Coral and Boynton Beach. Is it really as bad as people say it is in Florida as far as economy? La. is not too bad right now, but I hate to move if we cannot get jobs. I am an xray tech and also a vet tech and my husband is an RN, but loves Special Procedure work. Our daughter is wanting to go to Broadway one day and we want a agood prerforming arts school and/or a Musical Theatre class that is exceptional. I love it herelike I said, but any input on Sarasota for family, crime, ethnic population etc/

Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
Default Employment and crime

Unemployment is still over 11%. Property crime rate is high, and violent crime keeps escalating. Ringling College of Art & Design borders the neighborhood where Brits were killed--otherwise known as Cracktown-- and despite well lit campus, 24/7 security, call boxes, new video surveillance, and a majority of student body living on campus, there have still been several robberies by kids on bikes, a few assaults, including an armed assault. There is a lot of drug crime, and Bradenton is worse. After 8 years I'm headed back North.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:37 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
thanks for all the advice. We used to live in Ft Myers, but moved to Baton Rouge. We love it here, but miss family in Florida-they are in Cape Coral and Boynton Beach. Is it really as bad as people say it is in Florida as far as economy? La. is not too bad right now, but I hate to move if we cannot get jobs. I am an xray tech and also a vet tech and my husband is an RN, but loves Special Procedure work. Our daughter is wanting to go to Broadway one day and we want a agood prerforming arts school and/or a Musical Theatre class that is exceptional. I love it herelike I said, but any input on Sarasota for family, crime, ethnic population etc/
With the skill-sets you described you are likely to have less problems finding jobs than many people out there looking.

Good Luck! Let us know what you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area