Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Coast View Post
Wavemaker
. Nobody from here goes in the Gulf during the winter...only tourist in then. You'll know more what works for you after you spend more time in the area. Cheers.
Not true. I went in the water all winter and I wasn't a tourist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 05:22 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
I don't know any year-rounders that go in the water in winter. BRRRR! We used to think 75 degree lake MI water was warm in August. Whooo, not anymore. We are 100% acclimated now and I won't go in once it dips below 80 (another couple of weeks)

Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
I don't know any year-rounders that go in the water in winter. BRRRR! We used to think 75 degree lake MI water was warm in August. Whooo, not anymore. We are 100% acclimated now and I won't go in once it dips below 80 (another couple of weeks)
I'm with you--won't even go in the pool after November

Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 AM

WHOA there Mr. Wavemaker!!!! Your rude, attacking, and completely unwarranted post is going to be removed. Don't come on to a forum asking questions if you don't want to hear the answers!!! Nobody was rude or inconsiderate of you. Why on earth would you write something like that???? Some people.....

Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavemaker View Post
Re: commuting to beaches during tourist season, it is always easy to find a place to park in Venice
Maybe in 1970. Or if you go to the beach at 6am or 6pm, sure you can find parking easily. To state that it is "always easy" to park at the venice beaches is 100% incorrect. You will often drive round and round, stalking for a spot during peak hours of the day.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM

697 posts, read 1,170,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
WHOA there Mr. Wavemaker!!!! Your rude, attacking, and completely unwarranted post is going to be removed. Don't come on to a forum asking questions if you don't want to hear the answers!!! Nobody was rude or inconsiderate of you. Why on earth would you write something like that???? Some people.....
Wow...how does offering to enjoy the weather, get some exercise, not have to worry about parking ... Get spun as snotty and rude?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,106,394 times
Quote:
Back in the 70's we both lived in Boca and hated it. In fact there are many things about FL we already know for sure neither of us can stand. And yet, we are coming for lack of another place to go to basically.
Quote:
To those idiots who think I can't find anywhere to live due to flood zones, you are wrong. As I suspected, some of you are only on these forums to be snotty idiots.
These are the only posts in this thread that I found to be snotty. I think you have prejudged Florida and prejudged the posters on this forum.

You raised issues and asked for input. When people gave you input, you crammed it back down their throat because it was not what you wanted to hear. If you already know the answers, why did you ask?

If you can't tolerate differences of opinion, maybe you should search for a like minded community.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,106,394 times
Calling Ess Ess Ess Esq.
Purveyor of the Truth

People have tried to warn the original poster about some of the problems associated with Sarasota, but Wavemaker ain't buyin it. Your perspective is needed.

Wavemaker will clearly be unhappy in Sarasota county, so please save him or her.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM

182 posts, read 272,981 times
Hahahaha

Wavemaker purports to have resided here for years, in the past, and is thus fully aware of the good and bad points of Florida....and must not be bothered by 7 months of high heat and humidity, large flying insects, brushing pollen from your vehicle, the snowbirds' effects upon dining out, going to the beach, and traffic. Those are matters that I believe should honestly and openly be told to folks who come here asking "what is Florida like?"-----can anyone deny that these boards are full of dis-information like "My windows are open all year around" and "there is no humidity on the Gulf Coast"----to let such falsehoods stand unquestioned, to mislead outsiders into selling their houses and moving here, seems to be not quite cricket. For those who like a seven month summer of high humidity and want to trade the 3 months of winter and snow....then good for them, provided it is a knowing decision!

Old 10-17-2013, 01:31 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
Wavemaker, the gators in my backyard pond are looking for some variety in their diet -- come on over and commune with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area