Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 03:34 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times

Advertisements

I love shopping at Aldi. They have great prices, the stores are clean, laid out well, and easy to maneuver, you can get in and out quickly, there aren't grocery carts all over their parking lots, and I really like their dairy products, fresh produce, and chocolate. They have some amazing chocolate if you're into that. I wish Aldi was within walking distance of my house, but it's definitely worth the drive. I'm so glad to hear they are opening a new store.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
Very happy where the new Aldi of east Bradenton!!! very close to my house. I just wished it would be this year instead of next year

Old 07-27-2015, 03:28 PM

101 posts, read 123,710 times
I know they already have a nice one. Better than another Wal Mart though. What I notice is Bradenton wont get a Trader Joes but it actually looks like they got a Fresh Market before St Pete did. They gotta take out 2 of their Wal Marts and put in Trader Joes or something. But dont build up a bunch of new stuff that will create new traffic. Thats the kind of progression I'm for.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:54 AM

156 posts, read 163,023 times
Aldi is a like save a lot but has better prices. Very limited choice and not much in the way of health food. We live near the new on going up on 41 in NP that just opened. People were flocking there the first few days like they were giving away one oz gold bars. Glad to see someone give Wally world a run. Maybe I can get coffee creamer at 9am in winter without trying to play running man. Naaa its still will suck.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:59 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
Aldi is a like save a lot but has better prices. Very limited choice and not much in the way of health food. We live near the new on going up on 41 in NP that just opened. People were flocking there the first few days like they were giving away one oz gold bars. Glad to see someone give Wally world a run. Maybe I can get coffee creamer at 9am in winter without trying to play running man. Naaa its still will suck.
ALDI is NOTHING like Sav-a-Lot - that place is a pit. ALDI has a full line of organic food, not to mention some gourmet items. Even their "junk food" is more natural than what you find in the grocery. I used to not buy meat items there, but they have wild-caught fish, organic hamburger, uncured bacon and cornish game hens all at the same or BETTER quality than other stores including health stores. As far as I'm concerned, ALDI is hard to beat even if you have to buy some items elsewhere. Can't wait for the new store.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:13 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
I've been watching the progress of the building at the intersection of 53rd St E (SR-70) and Lockwood Ridge/45th St E. Aldi's building exterior looks completed, it appears they are finishing up the interior.

Across the street, on the south side, both the WaWa and Walmart neighborhood market are also nearing completion. It appears the Walmart store is starting to receive inventory, I've noticed trucks backed up to the loading docks the past few days.

It will be nice to have an Aldi in this area, although I like the store I rarely make it to the one further west because of the inconvenience. The new Aldi will literally be just blocks from my home.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 AM

72 posts, read 139,762 times
I keep hoping to read about Aldi building a new store in the Nokomis/Venice area. Still up here in Ill-Annoy, but an Aldi in the Nokomis area is still part of the dream of getting down there to Beautiful Florida! (I know... A grocery store being part of my Florida "dream" is strange. That's just how my thought-processors work.)

Oh, and I see it's been almost a year and a half since I wrote the above post. Aldi has since closed down the yucky old Crystal Lake building and opened a brilliantly gleaming new one in the same town.

Sunshine Rules, I thought Walmart was closing down their Neighborhood Market locations. Interesting to read in your post about a brand new one.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
I've been watching the progress of the building at the intersection of 53rd St E (SR-70) and Lockwood Ridge/45th St E. Aldi's building exterior looks completed, it appears they are finishing up the interior.

Across the street, on the south side, both the WaWa and Walmart neighborhood market are also nearing completion. It appears the Walmart store is starting to receive inventory, I've noticed trucks backed up to the loading docks the past few days.

It will be nice to have an Aldi in this area, although I like the store I rarely make it to the one further west because of the inconvenience. The new Aldi will literally be just blocks from my home.
I was JUST wondering about this new store yesterday - my husband drove by and thought it was finished, but I hadn't read about an opening. I pretty much quit going to the West Bradenton location because of the huge hassle (parking, people, traffic, etc). This one will be about the same distance from me but a MUCH better drive, location, etc. Can't wait until they open, the new ALDIs are really great. They have really upgraded their product line from when I first started shopping there.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:56 AM

23 posts, read 23,530 times
Just a couple more days until they're open, April 21st: https://www.aldi.us/en/new-to-aldi/g.../bradenton-fl/

Old 04-09-2016, 04:52 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
The new Walmart now a sign up saying they open April 13th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area