Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 10:59 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. I am posting a little early this week and because of time constraints, will limit my list to the more major events. Good news, the weather is supposed to cooperate with plenty of sunshine and highs in the low to mid 80s. Enjoy!

FRIDAY

Wine Walk at Ca d'Zan -- self guided wine tasting tour along the Ringling mansion drive, live music, food. Tickets $125/person. The Ringling

Mote's Annual Party on the Pass -- fundraiser for Mote's hospital for injured sea life. Starts at 6:30 pm. Food, fun. $85/person. Reservations: 388-4441 x 324

FRIDAY - SUNDAY

Sarasota County Fair wraps up it's run this weekend. All the standard fair stuff -- exhibits, shows, rides, fair food and farm animals. Sarasota Fairgrounds on Ringling.

NMCA Muscle Car Nationals -- drag racing at the Bradenton Motorsports Park, 21000 E. SR64, tickets $20/adult, 12 & under get in free.

SATURDAY

Bradenton Dragon Boat Festival -- rowing event on the Manatee River, Riverfront Park in front of Manatee Memorial Hospital on 2nd Ave E, awards ceremony afterwards at Tarpon Pointe Grill. 9 am - 3 pm.

Art Slam -- Old Main Street, downtown Bradenton, 9 am - 4 pm. Celebration of the arts, especially young artists. Realize Bradenton

Manatee County Pride Festival -- at Riverwalk Park, downtown Bradenton 12 - 5 pm. Organized by Prism, a Bradenton nonprofit providing services for young people 13-23 who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Live music, food trucks, free admission.

Barefoot Beach Bazaar -- Nokomis Beach Plaza on Casey Key Rd, 4 - 7 pm, free admission.

The Mad Hatter Gala -- at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club, fundraiser for LWR Community Fund, starts at 6:30 pm, black tie optional. Tickets $175/person. Lakewood Ranch Community Fund: Lakewood Ranch Community Fund

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Ranch Jam -- music festival of country, blues & rock n roll music. Friday's headliner is Alabama, Sunday's is the Guess Who. Across from Hunsader's Farm on CR675, between SR70 & SR64. RanchJam

7th Annual Taste of Arts & Crafts Show -- Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach by city hall, 10 am - 4:30 pm, free admission.

Sarasota Arts & Crafts Festival -- Five Points Park in downtown Sarasota, 10 am - 5 pm, free admission.

Art at the Ranch Fine Arts Festival -- Lakewood Ranch's Main Street, Sat 10-5, Sun 10-4, free admission.

Sarasota Folk Festival -- at Oscar Scherer State Park. Music, food, work shops, family activities. Sat 10 - 10, Sun 10-5. Tickets at the gate, no credit cards please. Sarasota Folk Festival

Runs March 19 - April 4th -- "Catch Me If You Can" at The Players Theatre in Sarasota. Musical based on the movie about check forger Frank Abagnale. Fascinating story, the movie was on TV again recently. Frank was a master of disguises, he successfully posed as an airline pilot, a doctor, a teacher (when he was still in high school himself) and passed the law bar exam after studying just 2 weeks. Took the FBI years to catch up with him.
Tickets $25 - $30. The Players Theatre

SUNDAY

Friends of the Legacy Trail Tour de Parks 2015 -- 15, 37 & 62 mile bike rides. Starting at Historic Venice Train Depot. Must register to participate, $40/person fee. Call 861-7245 M. J. Rouvet

Baltimore Orioles host St. Louis Cardinals at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota -- game starts at 1:05 pm.
GO CARDINALS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 AM

707 posts, read 1,052,359 times
I bet the people who get paid to research this and post it in their publications would like attribution.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 AM

118 posts, read 182,379 times
I've been a marketing manager for a nonprofit organization for a number of years. And I can say that the host organizations are thrilled with any kind of publicity they can get for their event. We send press releases out hoping the information will trickle down to the public in any way possible and that includes mentions on public forums. And I'll put a realtor on my press list if I know they are blogging or posting about area events. So as a marketing manager I want to say Thank You to those who redistribute this kind of information. That's what we depend on to get the word out!

Ruth

Old 03-20-2015, 10:33 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
I bet the people who get paid to research this and post it in their publications would like attribution.
Give it up already!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 PM

118 posts, read 184,829 times
Thanks, I forgot the Cardinals were in town on Sunday. I know it is sold out but maybe I can pick up a SRO ticket. And, Go Cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Hi Everyone. I am posting a little early this week and because of time constraints, will limit my list to the more major events. Good news, the weather is supposed to cooperate with plenty of sunshine and highs in the low to mid 80s. Enjoy!

FRIDAY

Wine Walk at Ca d'Zan -- self guided wine tasting tour along the Ringling mansion drive, live music, food. Tickets $125/person. The Ringling

Mote's Annual Party on the Pass -- fundraiser for Mote's hospital for injured sea life. Starts at 6:30 pm. Food, fun. $85/person. Reservations: 388-4441 x 324

FRIDAY - SUNDAY

Sarasota County Fair wraps up it's run this weekend. All the standard fair stuff -- exhibits, shows, rides, fair food and farm animals. Sarasota Fairgrounds on Ringling.

NMCA Muscle Car Nationals -- drag racing at the Bradenton Motorsports Park, 21000 E. SR64, tickets $20/adult, 12 & under get in free.

SATURDAY

Bradenton Dragon Boat Festival -- rowing event on the Manatee River, Riverfront Park in front of Manatee Memorial Hospital on 2nd Ave E, awards ceremony afterwards at Tarpon Pointe Grill. 9 am - 3 pm.

Art Slam -- Old Main Street, downtown Bradenton, 9 am - 4 pm. Celebration of the arts, especially young artists. Realize Bradenton

Manatee County Pride Festival -- at Riverwalk Park, downtown Bradenton 12 - 5 pm. Organized by Prism, a Bradenton nonprofit providing services for young people 13-23 who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Live music, food trucks, free admission.

Barefoot Beach Bazaar -- Nokomis Beach Plaza on Casey Key Rd, 4 - 7 pm, free admission.

The Mad Hatter Gala -- at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club, fundraiser for LWR Community Fund, starts at 6:30 pm, black tie optional. Tickets $175/person. Lakewood Ranch Community Fund: Lakewood Ranch Community Fund

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Ranch Jam -- music festival of country, blues & rock n roll music. Friday's headliner is Alabama, Sunday's is the Guess Who. Across from Hunsader's Farm on CR675, between SR70 & SR64. RanchJam

7th Annual Taste of Arts & Crafts Show -- Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach by city hall, 10 am - 4:30 pm, free admission.

Sarasota Arts & Crafts Festival -- Five Points Park in downtown Sarasota, 10 am - 5 pm, free admission.

Art at the Ranch Fine Arts Festival -- Lakewood Ranch's Main Street, Sat 10-5, Sun 10-4, free admission.

Sarasota Folk Festival -- at Oscar Scherer State Park. Music, food, work shops, family activities. Sat 10 - 10, Sun 10-5. Tickets at the gate, no credit cards please. Sarasota Folk Festival

Runs March 19 - April 4th -- "Catch Me If You Can" at The Players Theatre in Sarasota. Musical based on the movie about check forger Frank Abagnale. Fascinating story, the movie was on TV again recently. Frank was a master of disguises, he successfully posed as an airline pilot, a doctor, a teacher (when he was still in high school himself) and passed the law bar exam after studying just 2 weeks. Took the FBI years to catch up with him.
Tickets $25 - $30. The Players Theatre

SUNDAY

Friends of the Legacy Trail Tour de Parks 2015 -- 15, 37 & 62 mile bike rides. Starting at Historic Venice Train Depot. Must register to participate, $40/person fee. Call 861-7245 M. J. Rouvet

Baltimore Orioles host St. Louis Cardinals at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota -- game starts at 1:05 pm.
GO CARDINALS!

Old 03-20-2015, 04:41 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,446,599 times
Down in PG, Muscle Car City is celebrating its anniversary, and Art Fest is on Saturday in Lashley Park.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:13 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Give it up already!

Amen to that! Get a flipping life already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area