Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 04:56 PM

6 posts, read 8,624 times

Advertisements

My dh and I are about to separate and am thinking of moving down with my two children to Florida. Am thinking the Sarasota area for numerous reasons. First because my in laws stay in Bradenton for 7 months of the year and I'll be close to them., I also have relatives on my step fathers side who live in St. Petersburg and Orlando area. I'm fed up of Boston winters and want to live in a warmer climate. I know it gets really humid there but I'd prefer that over snow! Cheaper cost of living too. I know Sarasota has a good school system but what other areas are good for children within 45 mins of Bradenton?

Thanks for your comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistle217 View Post
My dh and I are about to separate and am thinking of moving down with my two children to Florida. Am thinking the Sarasota area for numerous reasons. First because my in laws stay in Bradenton for 7 months of the year and I'll be close to them., I also have relatives on my step fathers side who live in St. Petersburg and Orlando area. I'm fed up of Boston winters and want to live in a warmer climate. I know it gets really humid there but I'd prefer that over snow! Cheaper cost of living too. I know Sarasota has a good school system but what other areas are good for children within 45 mins of Bradenton?

Thanks for your comments

Have you checked with your attorney about taking the children out of state? Especially at the distance you are considering. I know MA domestic relations laws are strict.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 PM

He said he wasn't going to fight me on moving back to England so I can't imagine he would fight me going to Florida.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:51 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,507,636 times
The cost of living is not that low in Sarasota - it is lower than Boston but high for Florida.

A single woman will not like it here - it is mostly families and old people - I would try to go to Tampa or St. Pete for a good life for a single Mom.

This time of year it is almost impossible to get a decent rental because the snowbirds have arrived.

Sarasota does have good schools but I am sure there are other districts that are just as good in Tampa/St. Pete.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
The cost of living is not that low in Sarasota - it is lower than Boston but high for Florida.

A single woman will not like it here - it is mostly families and old people - I would try to go to Tampa or St. Pete for a good life for a single Mom.

This time of year it is almost impossible to get a decent rental because the snowbirds have arrived.

Sarasota does have good schools but I am sure there are other districts that are just as good in Tampa/St. Pete.
Thank you Nancy....i wouldn't be thinking of moving till the end of next year there's still so much going on. It's just getting ideas and doing extensive research at present to get a feel if I want to move. I just know I hate the Massachusetts winters.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:11 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,227,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistle217 View Post
Thank you Nancy....i wouldn't be thinking of moving till the end of next year there's still so much going on. It's just getting ideas and doing extensive research at present to get a feel if I want to move. I just know I hate the Massachusetts winters.
It's always warm and sunny in Florida.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:43 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
It's always warm and sunny in Florida.

FL is the exact opposite weather. From around May 1st to mid October, it feels like you're living in a pizza oven, except with 92 to 99% humidity. As I said in another thread, half the state evacuates FL north on Rts. 75 and 95 on May 1st. We get many of them here in mountains of NC.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:18 PM

I know but I'd rather cope with humidity than 3ft of snow!! Also we usually travel to England for 7 weeks over the summer to see relatives.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:27 PM

623 posts, read 966,807 times
Mock interview of someone who wants to move to Florida ...

Old 12-01-2015, 06:13 PM

747 posts, read 848,524 times
We are 41/42 and just moved from NJ, absolutelY love it. No kids but Bradenton personally is nicer than Sarasota if you're out by Lakewood Ranch

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area