Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM

103 posts, read 295,395 times

Advertisements

...the open land being excavated directly behind the Cottages at Blu Vista in zip code 34243 off of Prospect Rd? Just want to make sure that they are not developing something of concern like a sewage treatment plant or something! I am just about ready to close on a house and this would be a deal breaker for me!
Please help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,569,218 times
I don't know if it is a county project or individual developer. Here is the link to the Sarasota County Projects: https://www.scgov.net/CIP/Pages/default.aspx. Does anyone at the homeowner association for Cottages Blu Vista know anything about it? You could contact them and ask. The Cottages at Blu Vista > Home

Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM

4,631 posts, read 7,572,316 times
Blu Vista is located in Manatee county, not Sarasota. You would need to get ahold of the Manatee county government regarding any building in that area, but the government offices are closed Monday and Tuesday for Christmas. I don't know about the land immediately behind Blu Vista, but that general area to the west of that subdivision is zoned for commercial/ industrial use.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,982 times
Is it very humid in the Sarasota area in summer?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM

4,631 posts, read 7,572,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanie5reis View Post
Is it very humid in the Sarasota area in summer?

Starting about mid June and running until towards the end of September, it is hot and humid in Sarasota. Some days it is down right steamy.

The main benefit of being located in a coastal area is that we get afternoon sea breezes all summer long, which helps. Also during the summer months we typically get late afternoon showers that clear the air and bring down the temps a bit for the evening.

If you live here you learn to do your outdoor activities during the summer months either in the morning or late in the day.

I've been in both Atlanta and St. Louis in the summer months and really don't see much difference between the heat and humidity there and in Sarasota, except, as I mentioned, at least in Sarasota we get the afternoon sea breezes.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:26 AM

132 posts, read 153,433 times
Did anyone ever discover how to find Manatee County's land use information regarding this industrial area across from the Cottages at Blu Vista? I know this was an issue for the OP ... just wondering if there was a place to find projections on the web?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:50 PM

I was able to find a land use map and then dig a little deeper and see that about 600 feet away, excavating and yard waste recycling. That may not be a huge issue in 2015 ... but imagine in the future? Resales are going to dive. Why don't the residents petition for some barrier?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkygrl View Post
Did anyone ever discover how to find Manatee County's land use information regarding this industrial area across from the Cottages at Blu Vista? I know this was an issue for the OP ... just wondering if there was a place to find projections on the web?
I found my own answer with future land use maps:

https://www.mymanatee.org/home/gover...sive-plan.html

Map #25 encompasses the Cottages at Blu Vista.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,712,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWarmth211 View Post
...the open land being excavated directly behind the Cottages at Blu Vista in zip code 34243 off of Prospect Rd? Just want to make sure that they are not developing something of concern like a sewage treatment plant or something! I am just about ready to close on a house and this would be a deal breaker for me!
Please help!!!
I don't like the sound of that "yard waste" recycling. It sounds open to interpretations - and even large amounts of leaves, etc. can smell.

You should look further into it - IMHO.
I know the way this zoning stuff works - in the future they might ask to add other "recycling" to the property using the reasoning that it already does that......I have absolutely no faith in politicians and land use (zoning planning, etc.)....

The best deal is when all land is already fully developed because at least you know what is going next to you!

Old 12-11-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I don't like the sound of that "yard waste" recycling. It sounds open to interpretations - and even large amounts of leaves, etc. can smell.

You should look further into it - IMHO.
I know the way this zoning stuff works - in the future they might ask to add other "recycling" to the property using the reasoning that it already does that......I have absolutely no faith in politicians and land use (zoning planning, etc.)....

The best deal is when all land is already fully developed because at least you know what is going next to you!
We had a house under contract in that area across the way and got out of it for a survey defect. I am personally glad we did. I loved meeting some of the Blu Cottage neighbors - such nice people. After a long hunt, we decided for a house in Mandalay. Just can't take a chance with that zoning over time because we just cannot be sure what will happen to us and to the value of the property. The dust and water table seemed to be an issue too. The property between our neighbors and us was quite soggy. The builder took the properties out of a flood zone by raising the elevations I guess. But it's too soggy for my taste and the house inspection brought up a lot of moisture on that side of the home. The Cottage house we were under contract for is now under contract for a 3rd time (pending). But interestingly, others on that same bank of water overlooking that yard waste recycling are for sale. 4 of them right near each other. Perhaps for some buyers that is not going to be an issue - we were just not willing to take that chance. We loved the location of the Cottages and the look of those cute houses ... but opted for Mandalay with no zoning questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area