Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:18 AM

33 posts, read 33,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As is usually the case, we haven’t shopped for a new mattress in many years. We just remember we hated the process every time (right up there with car shopping, lol).

we are in the exact same position except we are looking for 3 mattresses (2 queen, 1 king). Our son recently bought a foam mattress online from Casper (yes....just like the ghost) and he absolutely loves it. We have decided that the guest rooms will get these and we will try them out. If we like we will ultimately get one for the Master Bedroom. Prices are very competitive. They get delivered next week so probably not much short term help for you. I will point out that unless you have a platform bed, you will need to get a good boxspring/foundation from a mattress store, but that could be a lot less taxing or you can actually get a queen size metal foundation that folds on Amazon for about $200. We are also going that route for the spare bedrooms and they get delivered this week as well. I can give you some early impressions towards the end of the week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 08:28 AM

20,944 posts, read 8,748,756 times
I am going to try and save some of you a LOT of money!

We recently bought a top of the line mattress - Berkeley Ergonomics. We hate it. My parents bought a Casper - they don't really like it very much.
We have purchased a number of mattresses over the past decade and most of them are - at best - adequate. There was one or two which were good but they are "no name", so I can't give a brand.

BUT, after dropping 3K on a top-of-the-line organic european sleep system, we decided to save money and buy the mattresses for our Florida house at IKEA.

Yes, IKEA.

It is, by far, the most comfortable mattress we have had in decades. We got the top model - Sultan Hasbro I think it is called:
SULTAN HANSBO Memory foam pillowtop mattress - Queen - IKEA

Do yourself a favor......or else pay 2 to 6X as much.

(note - those who like really firm mattresses may not like this one - but, believe me, this older dude with back problems and his wife prefer this IKEA mattress to anything else we have tried).

Oh, you have 90 days to return or exchange it......

Old 11-08-2015, 07:13 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,697,933 times
two things to keep in mind- you could look into platform beds, where you only need a mattress and not a box spring.
Also, the new mattresses keep getting thicker and thicker so you have to make sure you have the right size linens, or you'll have to buy brand new ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area