Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 12:35 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog920 View Post
My fiance and I are early 30's and reside in Wisconsin. My fiance has a job opportunity in Cape Coral. We both love the idea of moving, however we're not sold on Cape Coral. This is where Venice comes into play. We've still considered moving to a Florida city other than Cape Coral. We have no kids and are relatively free in our lives. She's in healthcare and I have an online business. We are mobile in our careers and I noticed that Venice has a large industry in healthcare (20%). This is part of the reason we are considering it. The other part is Venice has charm.

Our big question is, how is it for people our age (early to mid 30's)? We enjoy bars, restaurants, beaches, and our dogs are our babies. We both enjoy the more laid back vibe of the Gulf coast. Any input is appreciated!

Move as close to work (Cape Coral) as possible if she take the Cape Coral job.

There are many many fine areas near Cape Coral and in Cape Coral. Check out North Fort Myers. Check out Punta Gorda. There are many nice areas in Fort Myers too and south and west of there too. Go west toward Pine Island as well if you don't want to be in the middle of action.

The commute to Venice isn't worth it when you have so many nice areas near Cape Coral.

I suggest a 1-2 week trip where you visit all these areas and picture yourself living there. IMP, you can't go wrong in any of these areas. North Port is also something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 645 times
Venice is nice and it's real artsy fartsy sleepy town. It's great if you are into arts. Sarasota, Northeast Bradenton, Parrish and/or St. Pete may be more your speed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area