Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 09:54 AM

8 posts, read 13,117 times

Advertisements

I looking to buy a home in LWR—everyone I have told said I’m nuts that I will never be able to resale because of the thousands of cookie cutters homes being built for years. They say I will lose big! Looking to buy in 2 months! Looking for opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Use the "search forums" tool to find 1,023,444 recent and past posts about everything Lakewood Ranch.

In my opinion, most of us who are buying new homes around here are going to struggle to make any money on them when it comes time to sell because so many people want brand new homes since its easier to meet new friends in new home communities. Developers, Politicians, Builders and Realtors will be the only ones profiting from selling homes around here.

I just thought of a new home ownership concept...the orchestrated sell-off comunity. Everyone must sell at an agreed upon future date. This way, everyone moves out simultaneously, and all the new buyers will be open to meeing all their new neighbors.

Until my orchestrated sell-off idea gains traction, the only exceptions may be: Gulf front, Bay front, or deep water boat access to the Gulf. The gloom and doomers would disagree due to man-made; Red Tide, Green Algea, Brown Algae Sargassum, Flesh Eating Bacteria, rising Sea levels, and ever-increasing shark attacks.

Maybe you should just rent.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:42 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboatkeynow View Post
I looking to buy a home in LWR—everyone I have told said I’m nuts that I will never be able to resale because of the thousands of cookie cutters homes being built for years. They say I will lose big! Looking to buy in 2 months! Looking for opinions?

Whether buying in Lakewood Ranch makes financial sense for you depends on a lot of factors, such as:

How long do you expect to be in the home? If you're talking 3 years or less, it may make more sense to rent vs buy.

New construction or resale home? If new construction, the best deals are generally up front, when the builder is just beginning sales in the community. If you can't handle all of the dust and noise of other new construction around you for a couple of years, then look into buying builder inventory "spec" homes. You can typically get better deals on builder spec homes during the summer months, such as now. I get emails daily from this builder or that builder with their "hot summer deals" on their current inventory of spec homes.
Another option for getting an almost new home in a new home community is resales by earlier buyers. While those sellers often price their listings at prices similar to the builder new construction inventory, eventually most of those will see reason and sell at more realistic lower prices than the comparable new construction home 2 or 3 years newer. It's often a way to pick up quite a few of the more expensive builder upgrades at no additional cost to you vs paying for each upgrade separately on a new construction purchase.

Does it have to be Lakewood Ranch? Because there are a number of somewhat older, well maintained neighborhoods near there where you can get more home for the money, plus avoid CDD/stewardship district fees. (By the way, the CDD fees can vary greatly from one LWR community to the next, so be sure to factor those fees into any decision on LWR properties.)

Examples of somewhat older communities that are near Lakewood Ranch but without the LWR CDD fees:
River Club, River Club North/ South, Panther Ridge

Or options south of Lakewood Ranch, such as: Artistry, The Hammocks, Laurel Oaks, Serenoa?

You may feel more comfortable making a decision on your next home purchase if you don't fixate specifically on Lakewood Ranch, but rather compare LWR vs some similar non-ranch communities. That way, when you do make a final purchase decision, you will have a better idea of what you can get for your $700k both on and off the Ranch and what makes the best financial option for you.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:19 PM

Thank your answer.

I’m downsizing from Longboat Key for winter home and homestead and I did not to throw cash down the drain for rent.

I’m younger for a snow bird at 48 and that is why I’m looking at Lakewood Ranch. I’m not looking to make a killing on the house but, to even out would be great also. I have looked on Zillow for months and see how many sit on the market for a long time!

I’m looking at the River Club area verses brand new homes around Lorraine! That is where I at!

GOT TO GET OFF THIS ISLAND

Old 07-23-2019, 06:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
IMHO, you should only buy if you want to live there. The idea that one even makes back their own money selling a "used" house is somewhat dated. Like the lottery, you will often hear about the winners but the millions of losers don't get reported in the headlines or by the realtors.

If you like it and want to live there for a long time..and it fits your needs, go for it. But don't over-react to the island living and go the opposite...if it doesn't fit who you are.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:33 AM

Gave me something to think about. Thankyou.

I have over-reacted on Longboat. I never thought I would live around the oldest, most hateful , people on the planet.

Neighbors hate each other and no one speaks and on any given day at Publix you can get attacked, cursed out or your car in a “hit and run.”

I Guess that should be for another thread...

Old 07-25-2019, 10:00 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Gave me something to think about. Thankyou.

I have over-reacted on Longboat. I never thought I would live around the oldest, most hateful , people on the planet.

Neighbors hate each other and no one speaks and on any given day at Publix you can get attacked, cursed out or your car in a “hit and run.”

I Guess that should be for another thread...
Where do most of these angry haters move to Longboat Key from?

Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 AM

88 posts, read 74,201 times
Just find house as cheap as you can negoitiate and forget market - you cant control future much, many house being built for next 10 year, so what? just be happy then when you are 58 as well. Lakewood Ranch not only good place, lots new place near Mote Ranch, good location, maybe best location, north Tuttle new and possible re-sale like around Univ Wood - lot of possible house - just be happy and safe

Old 07-30-2019, 04:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Thank your answer.

I’m downsizing from Longboat Key for winter home and homestead and I did not to throw cash down the drain for rent.

I’m younger for a snow bird at 48 and that is why I’m looking at Lakewood Ranch. I’m not looking to make a killing on the house but, to even out would be great also. I have looked on Zillow for months and see how many sit on the market for a long time!

I’m looking at the River Club area verses brand new homes around Lorraine! That is where I at!

GOT TO GET OFF THIS ISLAND
Stop looking at Zillow. I had a listing that stayed on Zillow for six months after it sold.

I like Homes for Sale in Florida. Apartments for Rent in Florida - yellowkeyrealty.com and Realtor.com

Old 07-30-2019, 06:54 PM

What does that mean exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area