Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 09:22 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times

Advertisements

Notice put out today by the Sarasota Manatee Board of Realtors:

MEDIAN SALE PRICE REACHES $500,000 FOR SINGLE-FAMILY HOMES

The spring housing market is in full swing in Sarasota and Manatee counties. According to data from Florida REALTORS® and compiled by the REALTOR® Association of Sarasota and Manatee (RASM), March 2022 reported more new listings and closed sales from the previous month, while homes are going under contract quicker than any month prior. The median sale price for single-family homes in the North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton MSA increased year-over-year by 29.9 percent to $500,000, the highest recorded median sale price for the metropolitan area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 09:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
I wonder how many of the 2022 purchases will sit empty since they are investors and not families looking to actually live here.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:53 AM

402 posts, read 261,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I wonder how many of the 2022 purchases will sit empty since they are investors and not families looking to actually live here.
The investors will rent. There is a severe rental shortage. Nothing will sit empty.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
The investors will rent. There is a severe rental shortage. Nothing will sit empty.
Some will, probably. I would guess it would be more seasonal rentals than long term leases.

Families cannot afford to pay the current $2500+/month rate.

Vacationers can.

The 2 houses that sold on my block ... 1 is now a VRBO and the other is empty. Not sure what's up with the empty one.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:56 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,346,301 times
Quote:
Some will, probably. I would guess it would be more seasonal rentals than long term leases.

Families cannot afford to pay the current $2500+/month rate.

Vacationers can.

The 2 houses that sold on my block ... 1 is now a VRBO and the other is empty. Not sure what's up with the empty one.

The houses, and condos especially many are short term rentals if the community HOA allows it.

Here in the Punta Gorda area a lot of the houses and condos are seasonal rentals. They jack the prices up on short term rentals. A lot of snowbirds rent here for about 3 months of Jan, Feb, March for the coldest periods up north.

There is much more money to be made renting short term with a higher rent rate.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The houses, and condos especially many are short term rentals if the community HOA allows it.

Here in the Punta Gorda area a lot of the houses and condos are seasonal rentals. They jack the prices up on short term rentals. A lot of snowbirds rent here for about 3 months of Jan, Feb, March for the coldest periods up north.

There is much more money to be made renting short term with a higher rent rate.
And you get the money upfront with a deposit.

Now, I'm wondering if short term rentals will leap to $5000/mo. Since regular rent is approaching $3000/mo. Not sure how much more vacationers will be willing to pay.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:12 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:

Now, I'm wondering if short term rentals will leap to $5000/mo. Since regular rent is approaching $3000/mo. Not sure how much more vacationers will be willing to pay.
You would be surprised how much vacationers will pay. Especially since many will not travel overseas now, so they come here instead. We kept our little home in Whitfield Estates near the bay for vacation use and many homes there are now successful airbnb's, and we are talking modest little ranchers as well as big million $ homes on the bay.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:

In sept of 2015 we moved back to FL. We had to rent short-term as the house was finshed being built and closing, etc. 3 month rental.

It was a 2 bedroom condo on a saltwater canal in PGI and also had a boat lift as well. It was $2700. I didn't need it to be on the water and a boat lift but that's all we could find really find on short noticed.

I bet that rent since it has a boat lift dock is probably 4 grand a month. I know last fall I saw a condo for sale on zillow, in that complex, basically the same one and they wanted like 250k for a two bedroom.

Most of the condos were seasonal rentals in that complex. It was Oct and still half deserted.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
You would be surprised how much vacationers will pay. Especially since many will not travel overseas now, so they come here instead. We kept our little home in Whitfield Estates near the bay for vacation use and many homes there are now successful airbnb's, and we are talking modest little ranchers as well as big million $ homes on the bay.

depends on what you mean by vacation.

If you're talking about a snowbird, 3 month vacation for the coldest times of the year, sure. Since houses are hard to find and are overpriced, 4500-5k a month would be cheaper option.

If it's a two week vacation I'd stay at a hotel.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
We have done VRBO many times as it used to be cheaper than a hotel.

I'll have to check what the rates are in Venice. It used to be known as an affordable area. We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area