Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2024, 06:29 PM

8,033 posts, read 4,631,899 times

Advertisements

There is a bad pothole near my house in Nokomis. It is on the shoulder of Tamiami Trail directly in front of the exit driveway of the Goodwill store in Nokomis. That is a weird stretch of road because right about there Tamiami Trail changes from three lanes to two (the right lane ends).

Anyway I looked on the Sarasota County web site to see how to report a pothole.

This is what it says:

https://sarasotacountyfl.qscend.com/311

"Sarasota County 311 non-emergency service requests may be submitted through our website or our mobile app at any time. Customer Service Representatives are available by dialing 311 (or 941-861-5000 if you're located outside Sarasota County) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday - Friday with the exception of holidays. Service Requests will be processed during regular business hours. If this is an emergency, please dial 911."

I didn't want to bother downloading the mobile app - so I tried calling 311 from my home phone (it's a VOIP phone I have with Ooma). When I called 311 I got Cape Coral non-emergency government service. I told the guy I was trying to get Sarasota County government and he said he had no idea but sugested I try their 'regular number'.

So I called (941)861-5000 (the Sarasota County web site says to use that number if I'm located outside Sarasota County - which is not the case). Anyway that number worked (after I was placed on hold for about 10 minutes waiting for a representative). The representative was friendly enough and took the information - but he had no idea when Sarasota County will get around to fixing the pothole. He couldn't provide any estimate at all.

Later I tried reporting the issue online to Sarasota County. Their web site said I had to provide my email to sign up. This what it said:

https://sarasotacountyfl.qscend.com/311/account/signup

"Sign Up
Please enter your email address. We will send you instructions for setting up your account."

I entered my email address on their web page. They then emailed me a confirmation email and it said to click a link in the email to confirm my email address. After I clicked the link I was taken to a Sarasota County web page that said "veryfying your email - please wait".

I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. Their web page was frozen. So I wasn't able to register online. Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 08:05 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Sarasota County has 1 truck for fixing potholes and this truck covers the entire county.

It could take a week or two for the reported pothole to be fixed. Sometimes they'll fix it within a few days.

Old 03-06-2024, 12:08 PM

8,033 posts, read 4,631,899 times
Good news. The pothole was fixed yesterday morning. So it only took 2 business days to get it fixed (from the time I reported it).

Old 03-06-2024, 03:20 PM

25,690 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Good news. The pothole was fixed yesterday morning. So it only took 2 business days to get it fixed (from the time I reported it).
Florida & Sarasota County wins again. Thx for sharing this w/ us.

Something else to add to "the best of" lists.

Old 03-11-2024, 05:02 PM

4,612 posts, read 7,529,570 times
That's definitely a quick response. I reported a street light that's out in our neighborhood to FPL and their site says it will be fixed within 40 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area