Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:21 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,913 times

Advertisements

OK I am well stocked with books on growing tomatoes for competition purposes! ROFL! I am shooting for a 10 pound one LOL

You know my Mom works at a place where everyone brings in veggies from their garden to share with their co workers.Well there is a man that lives by the nuclear plant and he comes in with squash that are 2 ft long and tomatoes the size of soft balls. She said no one takes his produce because they are all suspicious. Isn't that interesting??? Hmmm? what is in the soil??? LOL

Did you find work down there yet? How are you planning on moving? We have our things in storage now and then will hire a moving company to move us.

I can't wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,084,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
OK I am well stocked with books on growing tomatoes for competition purposes! ROFL! I am shooting for a 10 pound one LOL

You know my Mom works at a place where everyone brings in veggies from their garden to share with their co workers.Well there is a man that lives by the nuclear plant and he comes in with squash that are 2 ft long and tomatoes the size of soft balls. She said no one takes his produce because they are all suspicious. Isn't that interesting??? Hmmm? what is in the soil??? LOL

Did you find work down there yet? How are you planning on moving? We have our things in storage now and then will hire a moving company to move us.

I can't wait.

LOL thanks for the warning - keep Jenny happy -or- don't eat her tomatos or squash! LOL

No, I have things set up here so that I virtually can do what I do anywhere there is no difference I can be in the office next door, or at a job site, or in Florida. They just won't be able to see my handsome-self. LOL. I come in just because a face to face is the way I've done it for years, but it really isn't necessary anymore. I can travel up at minimal expense should they need me.

Watch me, I will try to sneak a huge tomato down to Florida on the plane, and they will lock me up, because they have never seen a tomato that big. Something has to be wrong with that picture. "Oh, no officer you don't understand I have a bet for whatchamacallit tea" - "Oh sure buddy - just follow me!" LOL

I did grow two matching pumpkins that were 3.5 feet round one year! I had the biggest jack-o-lanterns for Halloween! It was great!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:29 PM

Oh Don't get locked up. SoFLGal and I will have to sell our nuclear tomatoes to bail you out! LOL

You are sooo lucky about your work. We are not so lucky and have to get jobs but we are in the medical field so it will be easier. (I hope) I don't think I will work when I get down there. I want to go back to school to be an Acupunciturist so I might just not work. The Hub doesn't care and we never spawned so I don't have any little mouths to feed.

The Hub is a pharmacist so he is in the middle of the application process as we speak. He has to take the MPJE(law test) before we can actually move so we are in limbo at the Marriott! LOL We sold our house much faster then we planned. So here we are LOL

I don't care, no cleaning, free breakfasts cooked by someone other than me and our place is big. It is a penthouse so we have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, livingroom, dining and a full kitchen.

They take dogs so we had to come here.

So We're hoping to be out of here by October Now I want to get down there sooner so I can get my tomatoes planted. LOL

Are we allowed to plant plants? or do we have to start from seeds???

Old 08-20-2008, 02:31 PM

PS 3.5 ft pumpkins! WOW They are hard to grow too. I grew some a few years back and had to do all that turning,etc. I didn't get huge ones but I got a lot of them. nice size to carve.....Now you have me worried...how did you grow yours that big??? You don' t live by a nuclear plant do you??? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area