Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 PM

14 posts, read 43,826 times

Advertisements

Could someone please tell me if there is anyway i can check and see if a house is in the foreclosure process. There is a house that we looked at online and i just wanted to know if there is a web site to check and make sure that the house isn't in foreclosure. It states that if you pay 6 months in advance then you get it for 1000.00 a month. Before i put that kind of money down i want to make sure that i'm not going to have someone take my money and run! In Ohio we have a web site you can go on and check.

Thank you so much in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
There are a lot of rentals available in North Port. I personally, would not enter into a deal like that. Right now, due to the excess of properties you are in the drivers seat. If you feel uncomfortable about it I would tell them what you want the terms to be. There are plenty of places that are offering one month free when you sign up to rent.

You can go to the property appraiser (http://www.sarasotaproperty.net/scpa_record_search.asp - broken link) website and type in the home address. This will give you the owners name. Then take the owners name and type it in the clerk of court website to see if you see any lis pendens judgments.

Good luck!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM

well that wasn't too hard. Thank you that gives us a lot of information. Is there a lot of homes for rent that isn't listed anywhere? We have been looking for days and there seems to be fewer listings. We are coming down the end of next week to look around. I have wrote down the areas that are not so good areas. We are getting very excited about the move..

Thank you for all your help. It's nice to have input from eveyone that is there already and give advise to the newbee's that are coming down.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 AM

There's a guy named Brian Fischer and he always seems to have a lot of North Port rentals-brianfischer@douglasrealty.net , 239-225-5633. You could also try Connie Nowell at www.RentMeFlorida.com or Luann Nudi at www.NudiontheBeach.com

Here's one that jumped out at me when searching Louann's website:
Homes for Rent/Lease in North Port, Florida $950 monthly
I'm not sure what your specific requirements are but this looks like a pretty nice home.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:12 PM

WOW! These websites are great. They are nothing like we have been looking at. I absolutley love the one for 950.00 a month. The rooms look big and spacious. In looking at web sites there was a house in Englewood with a pool for 775.00 a month is there a reason why the rentals are so much cheaper? Is this a Flood Zone area or something?

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:15 PM

Never Mind i was looking at the address but that was for the realestate office. Not for the address of the home.

Sorry

Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 PM

You might also want to try the local paper and look in the classifieds

Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 PM

7 posts, read 67,381 times
Try Craigslist, there's tons of rentals.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,829 times
Oh my gosh. Do NOT use Brian Fischer. He treats his clients with disdain. My mother had a horrible experience with him. When she got to North Port, having preplanned her rental, he simply gave her the keys and some directions to the house. He didn't take her there, didn't do a walk through with her, just assumed she could find her way around a strange town all by herself. She's a very kind hearted woman and doesn't speak up for herself, but he always treated her with a sense of superiority and disdain. She only rented for one year while she looked around for a place to buy, but it was obvious he looks down his nose at renters. Terrible.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:43 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,072,821 times
You can also check for rentals and foreclosures at myfloridahomesmls.com Click on Sarasota or enter a zip code. There is a check box for foreclosures. To check for rentals, in the 'price' boxes, enter 0 to 2000
The zip codes for Northport are 34286, 34287, 34288, 34289, 34291
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area