Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Where is it - Punta Gorda! -- That's right! Yeah Baby! Punta Gorda!
Where do you go when you want to see it! Try Punta Gorda!

They ought to add Punta Gorda to the Front of this Thread!
It Should be renamed Punta Gorda - North Port - Sarasota!
Sounds Better Doesn't it!
I love this place - stuff happening here every weekend!

Ok, I admit! The coffee is kicking in! And Boy is it good!

The show starts today, opening at 9:00 AM; Flights start at 10:00 AM, opening ceremonies start at noon! Don't be late!
It runs today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday)

Oh, and for those of you that think I control the weather - well judge for yourself!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 06:05 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
I'm going, in fact my whole family is going. Mom, dad, the in-laws, the kids, my husband and I. Should be fun. If I could get everyone up and out of bed I should be there today about noon or so today

Old 03-21-2009, 02:54 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,599 times
I went a few years ago, GREAT show!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Pics from the air show today. I was talking with the commander of the Blue Angels after the show and I asked him how close they fly. He said in the first formation when they come out their wings are 18" apart. He told me that they are in the Blue Angels for two years and then they get another group of guys. Anyway, enjoy the pics:

Old 03-21-2009, 06:35 PM

807 posts, read 3,187,699 times
Really great pics! Thanks for sharing...A truly wonderful day for an air show. They'll be up here at Tyndall AFB (Panama City) next weekend and I can't wait!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Great pictures! What a great day. I have some I will try tp get them posted too. I think I have some of the same ones. I know they aren't as good as yours. I took them with my phone camera.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:09 PM

Here are some more pictures I took, some are almost the same as yours SoFLGal.
Here are six Blue Angels in formation

solo Blue Angel coming in for a landing

Here are six Blue Angels in formation (looks pretty similar to one of the others) :-)

Four Blue Angels in lineal formation ((looks like I've seen this before))

Here are four Blue Angels in formation, with me hovering 100 feet above the ground (not really - just kidding)

I don't think these turned out bad for a cell phone camera.
But clearly not as good as SoFLGal's work! Nice Job! Fun Day!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:06 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
hmmmm 18" apart -isnt that how close the snowbird tailgaters get ??

great pics, not sure about those uniforms though -they look like they are from Thunderbirds !!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 AM

321 posts, read 1,029,453 times
I'm going today... haven't been in a few years & some friends gave us VIP passes... really looking forward to it!!!!

Thanks for the pics, Big & SoFl!

Old 03-22-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
I'm going today... haven't been in a few years & some friends gave us VIP passes... really looking forward to it!!!!

Thanks for the pics, Big & SoFl!
Here is a hint. Wear some grubby shoes. If you park in some of the fields they burned them off a couple weeks ago, and are very sooty!
Bring some sunscreen! I arranged for great weather both days, and got a little sunburn going on myself.
There are plenty of places to eat and get drinks so you don't need to worry about that, and bring a folding chair.
Do that, bring your bubbling personality, and have fun! They had a huge turn out yesterday.

Oh, one more thing, park as far away as you can get, so you will be able to get out later. It took me two hours to get out of one of the parking areas yesterday. Airport road isn't exactly a super highway, and I bet the crowds yesterday exceeded 70 thousand!

Have fun! Wait! shhh, is that a fish calling me! I believe it is! I'm off for a day on the water. I hope I can bring some dinner home! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area